get old icon?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ruth

get old icon?

Post by Ruth »

They seem to have eliminated the purple mask and have some awful purple big eyed face. Is there a way to get the mask and use that with the newest version, or are there any other icon options?

Thanks for any info. [I just liked the purple mask :) ]

Ruth
dickvl

Re: get old icon?

Post by dickvl »

You normally only see the purple mask if you run Firefox in regular mode and open a New Private Window.
If you run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode ("Never Remember History" or "Always use Private Browsing mode") then you won't see the purple mask since all windows are always PB mode windows.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... ut-history
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Ruth wrote:They seem to have eliminated the purple mask and have some awful purple big eyed face.
Do you mean on the title bar for private windows? I'm still seeing a mask if I press Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows 10, system scaling set to 100%).
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Sorry, my explanation wasn't all that good. This has nothing to do with private windows.

I used the purple mask as the shortcut icon on my desktop for the newest version of Firefox, to open it. This is the one I use to go on the web. I have one old version of Firefox, 89 that I use, not on the web, but with a number of old programs and I used the fox icon for that browser shortcut. Since the upgrade to 103.0 there is no longer a mask icon available when you right click the browser icon, go to properties and click change icon. So, I was just trying to find out is there is any way to find that icon and move it into whatever folder is necessary so I can still use it as my desktop shortcut for the newest version of firefox? I like the mask, it's pretty :)

Ruth
therube

Post by therube »

Maybe this has something to with "pinning"?

Rejoice! You can now conveniently access Firefox, which will now be pinned to the Windows taskbar during installation on Windows 10 and 11.

Maybe, if you unpin, you can change, then re-pin?
(I have no clue on such things.)
(And don't forget to Rejoice! :-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript