css-files

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stopbeingrude

css-files

Post by stopbeingrude »

the following code completely removes any change in colors/appearance (in the tab-bar) (when hovering an inactive tab)
the code works greatly via 1 extension (in FF-40)

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tab-content {
      background-image: linear-gradient(transparent, hsla(0,0%,45%,.1) 1px, hsla(0,0%,32%,.2) 80%, hsla(0,0%,0%,.2)), linear-gradient(-moz-dialog, -moz-dialog) !important;
}
but somehow i cannot get it working directly (via userChrome.css or userContent.css)

so i ask for your help: how exactly should i alter this code? so that i could remove that extension, and simultaneously: save this good visual aspect that i really need

i would like to move all my not numerous codes from that extension to these 2 css-files:
the other codes already seem to work in these css-files, but the above-mentioned code refuses to work
morat

Re: css-files

Post by morat »

stopbeingrude wrote:when hovering an inactive tab
Did you forget the hover selector?

Try something like:

Code: Select all

/* Firefox userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not(:-moz-lwtheme):hover .tab-content {
  background-image: linear-gradient(transparent, hsla(0,0%,45%,.1) 1px, hsla(0,0%,32%,.2) 80%, hsla(0,0%,0%,.2)), linear-gradient(-moz-dialog, -moz-dialog) !important;
}
Hover selector
http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_hover.asp
stopbeingrude

Post by stopbeingrude »

thank you for the reply
i tried your version (it doesn't work)

i use the 'classic theme restorer' extension, it has the following items in the options:
tab colors and text ---> squared tabs (classic) v2 ---> hovered ---> background ---> [there are no ticks at all here]
and seemingly the CTR is the reason why the code doesn't work in the css-file

but this code works via the 'stylish' extension (as i understand: it works because there's the     /* AGENT_SHEET */      inside of the stylish-code)
morat

Post by morat »

It works for me in Firefox 103.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

For the release of Firefox 57, the author of CTR created a CSS repository over here:

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/

I couldn't tell you exactly where that setting is now, evolved to work with... Firefox 68?... but that's definitely a good place to look.
stopbeingrude

Post by stopbeingrude »

where that setting is now
sorry, my knowledge is limited. what setting?
Firefox 68?
i use ff-40.0.2

but currently i write from slightly different browser,
and i'm already very much confused because earlier today my topic "move the functionality of extensions to css-files" was disapproved by a moderator or administrator
and then i was banned (as i understood) without a reason and without a chance to write to anybody here,
and also without my first post being published

and i still don't understand at all: what was wrong (and so very-very criminal) in my original topic/post?
(which in fact was a copy of the current topic, with the exception that here i originally haven't mentioned the titles of extensions, and the title of this my different browser: which you kind of see anyway, because this site sees it as 68)

if you're interested: in the end, i only got an e-mail saying this: "The following reason was given for the disapproval: The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product"
which is a pure unfair non-sense, and this whole ugly story ruined my day literally (because the mood has been spoiled completely)

(i tried to explain everything as i can) (moreover, i did it in not my native language) (moreover, i have a war in my country right now, right in my european city of kiev)
(sorry for all these revelations) (my nerves were already on the edge)

that's definitely a good place to look
what exactly should i look for?
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

stopbeingrude wrote:
that's definitely a good place to look
what exactly should i look for?
I never used Classic Theme Restorer, so I don't know what the feature was called, but look in the userChrome.css file there to see whether you can find it mentioned.
stopbeingrude

Post by stopbeingrude »

jscher2000, thank you for the reply, but i already managed to solve the problem,
the solution is: copy these 2 parts (they are from that code in my first message)...:

part-1: transparent, hsla(0,0%,45%,.1) 1px, hsla(0,0%,32%,.2) 80%, hsla(0,0%,0%,.2))
part-2: linear-gradient(-moz-dialog, -moz-dialog
...to the Classic Theme Restorer > tab colors and text > squared tabs (classic) v2 > hovered > background [which has 2 lines]

this is a new question: does anybody know how to add the following functionality?: (to a css-file) (not using any extensions)
- press ctrl+H, for instance
- get a menu (where the cursor is) that contains the history of the current tab (and allows to go back or to go forward within this menu)

just for example: this functionality is availbale via the following 2 extensions:
- FireGestures (1.10) (options > mapping > popup type: back/forward history)
- DragIt (3.2.3.1) (settings > gesture > document > action: history menu)
stopbeingrude

Post by stopbeingrude »

"get a menu ... that contains the history of the current tab"
the task is solved (thanks to a responsive person from another ff-forum)