Toolbar is full of junk (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
danll

Toolbar is full of junk (Mac)

Post by danll »

OK, this is nutso, I'm using 103.0.2 on Monterey on an M1 iMac. My Firefox toolbar, at the top of the screen has my regular entries at left, followed at right by about a hundred other bookmarks plucked from my bookmark library. When I go to Manage Bookmarks, those additional entries at right on my toolbar are NOT LISTED for Toolbar. So I have no way to clean those up. What the #$%^&*() is going on??? How do I fix this? This seems to have happened when I last upgraded Firefox.
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 12th, 2022, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Mac) added to Subject line.
jscher2000

Re: Toolbar is full of junk (Mac)

Post by jscher2000 »

Are the mystery items in your Other Bookmarks category? Normally if you have items in that category, then at the right end of the Bookmarks Toolbar there will be an Other Bookmarks folder to view those. You can remove (hide) the folder using right-click (Ctrl+click) on any bookmark, then [uncheck] Show Other Bookmarks. It sounds like yours somehow busted out of the folder, but I think it's worth trying the right-click method anyway.
danll

Re: Toolbar is full of junk (Mac)

Post by danll »

No, there was nothing in Other Bookmarks, and the Other Bookmarks folder was, in fact, offered on the Toolbar. These mystery bookmarks were just plucked from my Bookmarks Menu list. Actually, I just did a Restore, and got everything back to normal, but how crazy that was. Would be nice to document a fix. It's just nuts that my Toolbar was full of bookmarks, but Manage Bookmarks was entirely unaware of most of them. I guess I could have deleted them individually, but that would have taken an hour. There were something like a hundred of them.