FireFox in minimized version...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
La Tronche

FireFox in minimized version...

Post by La Tronche »

Hello

I actually have FireFox 104.0.2 32 bits portable in W7, as default browser.
The problem is that everytimes I click on an exterior link. like with ThunderBird, it is the minimized version of FireFox that comes in.
I don't like it as most of the time I need some features included in the full regular version of FireFox like bookmarks, memorized logins,etc.
How can I stop this and have full version of FireFox to open up each times and forget about the minimized version?
Thanks!
Never be mean with a nerd...He could eventually be your next employer!
DanRaisch

Re: FireFox in minimized version...

Post by DanRaisch »

Please clarify what you mean when you refer to "minimized version of Firefox". Do you mean it only appears on the task bar but does not display the user interface? Or do you mean something else?
therube

Post by therube »

He means that a "new" (no extensions, no history, no bookmarks...) instance of FF is opening rather then the one he actually uses (which does have all those things)...

What you describe can happen if you use an icon to launch your daily profile and include in the icon your daily profile:
Firefox.exe -p <dailyprofile>
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
La Tronche

Post by La Tronche »

DanRaisch wrote:Please clarify what you mean when you refer to "minimized version of Firefox". Do you mean it only appears on the task bar but does not display the user interface? Or do you mean something else?
Helllo Dan and thanks for hrlp!
Therube describes perfectly my problem.
This feature is so weird that it is equivalent of putting the steering of a car in the back seat!
At least ther shoulde be a simple setting to be included the setting page of it.
Never be mean with a nerd...He could eventually be your next employer!
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

[-( What may be likely is a different profile is selected in the profile manager.
Shut down Firefox completely.
Go to Windows start button
Click and enter Firefox.exe -p in the run box and click OK
The next dialog box will have all the profiles you have created
Highlight the daily or default and click the start firefox button at the bottom
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.