Restore Previous session problems

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
petergo

Restore Previous session problems

Post by petergo »

hi there

I am using FF ver 104 0 2, and windows 10 pro

For some time now, when the power goes out, and when I eventually restart my computer and FF, the previous open tabs appear, but they all simply just keep loading, and never open to the web page I choose.

I click on exit from the menu bar, and try again, and still the previous tabs just keep loading and not opening.

I tried Task Manager, and "end task", there is Firefox in the top section, and in processes about 6 + firefox icons also ( maybe the tabs that are trying to open ), so I end them all also.

I try and open FF, and I get an error message about FF having crashed if I would like to submit a report, and restart FF.

I apologize I don't recall now if FF then worked correctly or I had to repeat most of the above yet again, but eventually, I had a new FF browser page with no previous tabs.

I then ventured into settings, and chose under History setting, that FF will NEVER remember history, and restarted and most of my icons representing add on were gone.

I used Hekasoft to restore FF, and all ok now, BUT, I am anxious about next time that FF shuts down for what ever reason but me selecting exit, I will go through the lengthy process of trying to get FF previous open tabs to load.

Appreciate advice and suggestions
kindest thanks
peter
therube

Re: Restore Previous session problems

Post by therube »

they all simply just keep loading, and never open to the web page I choose
Do newly opened pages load?
I get an error message about FF having crashed if I would like to submit a report
Did you?
If so, the URL of the report (about:crashes)?
NEVER remember history, and restarted and most of my icons representing add on were gone
Are you saying your extension icons did not display?
I used Hekasoft to restore FF
Always good to have backups.

I am anxious about next time that FF shuts down for what ever reason but me selecting exit
It might have been that files were actually corrupted when you lost power, causing the issue.

If that was the case, nothing you can do there except restore from backup.

And it could just happen that the next time power goes out, that all will restore just fine on restart (or not).
So... having backups is key.

Do note that FF itself maintains a few backups of Session Restore files (in /sessionstore-backups/) so you might have tried restore from them.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
petergo

Re: Restore Previous session problems

Post by petergo »

g'day Rube

Thanks for your reply.

New tabs or pages DO NOT load either.

I don't recall if I submitted a report or not, I am guilty, usually I do not check the submit report choice.

Exactly, the extension icons did not display.

I recall in years gone by, the session restore worked great

thanks again
peter