page up/page down sometimes doesn't work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
slickrcbd

page up/page down sometimes doesn't work

Post by slickrcbd »

On many websites, I'll try to scroll using page up/page down, and then those buttons just stop working. Often when there is some animation, but not always.
Epic games during their weekly giveaways is a prime example of this annoyance. I'll be scrolling through the free game of the week's page, and suddenly the page up/down keys stop having any effect.
One example, right when you get to the ratings the page up/down keys stop working.
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/alb ... ure-93736a

Any idea how to turn off this "feature" of disabling the scroll keys? There used to be a Greasemonkey script called "anti-key grabber" but I have it enabled and it isn't helping. Although that script hasn't been updated (to my knowledge) in a decade so that might be part of it.
dickvl

Re: page up/page down sometimes doesn't work

Post by dickvl »

Do you have enabled caret browsing ?
Settings -> General -> Browsing -> "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages"
You can press F7 to toggle.
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

Nope, got a prompt asking me if I wanted to turn it on, I said "no" and the sample website I linked to has the page up/down keys stop working when you get past the "ratings" on that game to where it has the reviews.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

When a HTML5 or WebGL player gets focus then it takes all key presses and you can't use the keyboard to scroll.
You can try the Tab key and the ESC key.