User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stevegarrison

Post by stevegarrison »

Hi
I am not sure if this is a problem with firefox. But many websites that I visit are showing this annoying pop-up "log in with google" I wish I had taken a screenshot the last time it happened. It's a square on the top right of the page, white background. I click x to close it but it's starting to get on my nerves. is there a way to permanently disable this?
LIMPET235

Re: log in with google annoying pop-up

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Steve,
There are a couple of suggestions in this recent thread that may help to remove the pop ups.

Ref' > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... ith+Google.

Ublock Origin seems to be the better solution.

I never see that "Google" reference.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
stevegarrison

Post by stevegarrison »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi Steve,
There are a couple of suggestions in this recent thread that may help to remove the pop ups.

Ref' > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... ith+Google.

Ublock Origin seems to be the better solution. As you can see here, the site has the box that you are talking about but ublock origin blocked it.

I never see that "Google" reference.

Another solution might be to create a custom filter list.
hello,
I have ublock origin already. doesn't seem to stop that annoying pop-up.
Last edited by stevegarrison on February 25th, 2023, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Best guess the sites are Google sites or supported by Google where this occurs or the Firefox installed Google search engine.
If I go to the Google search page off the Internet, not using the Google search engine which comes with Firefox, I see the same notice.
It may seem a lame solution but you might, temporarily, disable or remove the Google search engine in Firefox.
BUT, it won't go away if you use the Internet page, you'll still get some form of popup for using them for passwords or something else.
Their stuff, their rules. :-k
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

Try adding these filter lists in uBO: Adguard Annoyances and uBlock filters - Annoyances.