One forum not sending out email notifications

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
videobruce

One forum not sending out email notifications

Post by videobruce »

I belong to a number of forums and almost always have e-mail notifications sent out for that thread I was in getting new activity.
This one isn't;
https://www.avsforum.com/forums/

I have contacted two different "administrators' and they are claiming it's my browser (naturally). I cleared cash & cookies as instructed and unchecked, then re-checked e-mail notifications in the threads list I'm following, but no difference.

The stranger thing, the 'Conversations' (PM's) notifications do come in. I even change my e-mail address, but no difference. And yes, I've check my Spam folder. I have no firewalls. I have run into this elsewhere on occasion, but not to this level.

Any ideas here??
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
morat

Re: One forum not sending out email notifications

Post by morat »

Does the same thing happen if you launch the program in Mozilla Troubleshooting mode?

Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode
http://support.mozilla.org/kb/diagnose- ... shoot-mode

Maybe you are blocking a needed script or the site needs 3rd party cookies enabled.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

But, all the indications in the Forum show that I'm setup to receive emails.

Anyway, there was one setting that was labeled "news & updates" which was unchecked since I didn't want either. I checked it and it now appears that that was the issue. None of them even mentioned that being checked. Lame software with poor descriptors for some functions; The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

videobruce wrote:Lame software with poor descriptors for some functions; The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo
maybe the avs forum admins there need to update their xenforo software perhaps :D
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

If this is about receiving emails then this doesn't sound like a Firefox problem, but a problem with the email service you use that possibly blocks emails send by those forums and you could contact them about this whether they have recently adjusted their spam filters.