Is there a way to "hack" or mod FireFox to open these tabs i

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pawn3d

Is there a way to "hack" or mod FireFox to open these tabs i

Post by pawn3d »

Wow, Mozilla really limits the number of characters you can use in the title...

Anyways, when you search Google for selected text in FireFox, it opens in a new tab.

[img][img][/img][/img] Okay... ](*,)

It looks like I'm not allowed to upload pictures either.

Basically, when a new tab is opened, I don't want FireFox to switch to that tab. I have gone to great lengths to ensure that new tabs are not highlighted, but when I perform a Google search for highlighted text, it still switches, which is really annoying, because I never consented to leaving that page.
Another day, another FireFox problem... What happened?
pawn3d

Re: Is there a way to "hack" or mod FireFox to open these ta

Post by pawn3d »

Alright, I figured out how to add an image. I had to go to a 3rd party site because Mozilla won't let us upload images for some bizarre reason. (perhaps they're unaware that server storage is dirt cheap nowadays)

But this is what I'm talking about.

Selecting this option open the Google search results in a new tab.
pawn3d

Post by pawn3d »

I figured it out.

To force Firefox to open search results in background and don’t switch to them automatically:
1. Type about:config in search bar and press Enter
2. Find browser.search.context.loadInBackground
3. Click the toggle button and change its value to true.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
James

Post by James »

pawn3d wrote:Alright, I figured out how to add an image. I had to go to a 3rd party site because Mozilla won't let us upload images for some bizarre reason. (perhaps they're unaware that server storage is dirt cheap nowadays)
Perhaps you have not noticed that there are no *.mozilla.org links on top or bottom of page like a typical *.mozilla.org page has. If only you knew just how much new member spam accounts and spam threads/posts gets (attempted) to be posted each day as this is why we have had new members first post moderation on since March 2011. This is a independent forum since its inception (Nov 2004) and allowing people to post attachments would have done two things. It would have increased the database load when the servers we had at times barely kept the forum up and two it would have given the spammers yet another thing to try and spam with.

Mozilla does have their own community support forum at support.mozilla.org (since as early as oh later 2007 I think) and they do allow image attachments. People do misuse this for spam and useless images in their threads at times along with spamming the media gallery at times in which the images need to be deleted.

In fact this old independent forum has been close to being shut down due to owner just leaving. However thanks to IT student(s) at OSUOSL (where this is hosted at) the KB and the forum has been getting slowly worked on and updated as you can see in http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3103779 and http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3089892
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

Try Settings > General > Tabs > deselect "When you open ... switch to it immediately".