I'm not able to watch youtube anymore. help!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FoxesUlisse

I'm not able to watch youtube anymore. help!!

Post by FoxesUlisse »

Hi, a very, very strange thing is happening to me. I haven't been able to watch youtube for a few days. I'm referring to the public clips that are on the internet. In other offspring I see black screen and only audio. But I can see videos well that have been recorded with the smartphone vertically.
I cleared all cache and history. But nothing to do. So I started firefox in safe mode. This time I was able to see all the videos without problems. But the strange thing is that I have only 2 Extensions: MateTranslete and uBlock Origin and 1 Plugin: OpenH264 Video Codec made by Cisco Systems, Inc.. Nothing else.
So I manually deactivated the 2 Extensions and the Plugin one at a time. But the problem remained. It seems to me a very very strange thing.
I haven't installed anything new in the last few days.
Can anyone tell me if I can fix it? Thank you
DanRaisch

Re: I'm not able to watch youtube anymore. help!!

Post by DanRaisch »

Confirm that hardware acceleration is unchecked under menu path Tools->Settings->Performance->Use hardware acceleration when available.

You could also see if you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed. That would not touch the existing profile so if the new profile did not help you could very simply revert to the old profile.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
FoxesUlisse

Post by FoxesUlisse »

I did what you suggest and not I am able to watch youtube. I THANK YOU.
But I'd like to understad better and I'd like to ask 2 questions please:
1) Now the "Performance" text is gone, how do I get it to reappear again?
2) If I unchecked "Use hardware acceleration when available", is Firefox now sometimes slower?
I thank you again.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

1) To what "performance" text are you referring?

2) No, that is not what that means. Some sites may be coded to use resources on the computer rather than software tools to improve video performance. That doesn't slow down the overall functionality of browser or the computer.
FoxesUlisse

Post by FoxesUlisse »

I have italian alnguage. But I mean it. Look at the pic please.
In a nutshell that writing "Prestazioni" which in English is "Performance" has disappeared and now there is white on the page. Look at picture 2. If I want to make "Performance" appear again, what should I do? Thank you

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I can't duplicate your results. That may be because of the difference in language package but with "Use recommended performance settings" [Utilizza le impostazioni delle prestazioni consigliate] unchecked I can still see and change that option and the one below it regarding hardware acceleration.
FoxesUlisse

Post by FoxesUlisse »

I thank you so much!!!
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

i also started having problems with watching youtube videos last nite. i was using "firefox for android" on my android tablet.

the audio worked but the video was just black.

the problem was short-lived. i emptied the cache, and cookies, and restarted "firefox for android," and, things were back to normal.

incidentally, i successfully watched a couple of youtube-videos before the problem started.

i think something is going on with youtube and that was the cause of the problem. i heard that they are experimenting with not allowing people to use adblockers while watching youtube videos.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
therube

Post by therube »

113.0.2 fixed a couple "video" issues, so update & test.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript