Drop-down FF menu under X11 and Wayland

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BillLee

Drop-down FF menu under X11 and Wayland

Post by BillLee »

Using Firefox 113, Fedora Linux systems( 2 desktops, laptop), various releases (33, 35, 36), KDE (5.20.5/5.25.4/5.27.4)

When logged in using Plasma(X11), the drop-down menus that FF shows (e.g., the 3-bar 'Open Application Menu') will not 'stick' unless you first move the cursor into the menu before releasing the mouse button. If you simply click on the icon, the menu appears, but when you then move the cursor off the icon and into the menu, the menu disappears.

This is true for any of the drop-down menus on the FF tool bars.

But if logging using Plasma(Wayland), the drop-down menus will stick when you click a toolbar icon. The action between the two modes is different.

However.....

On the Fedora 33 system NEITHER the X11 mode NOR the Wayland mode work properly, FF on both suffering the 'non-stick' problem.

I would prefer using only one type across all systems, but the wife's system is the 'earlier release', the laptop is my Zoom portal which requires X11 to share screens, while the system where I do all my coding and browsing and ... The FF glitch when using X11 forces me to Wayland there.

Any help/suggestions/criticisms greatly appreciated.

Bill Lee
therube

Re: Drop-down FF menu under X11 and Wayland

Post by therube »

Maybe something noted in one of the associate bugs from, Sway Wayland bug tracker (& not that I know what Sway or Wayland are).

So maybe peruse the links from there & see if the bugs might shed some light?

(I do know that "Wayland" did break things in Windows - even though Wayland is not associated with Windows.
Tooltip Flicker over Tabbar Tabs in Private Window.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript