Looks like IE has everything..popblocker & extensions in

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

Anonymous wrote:So, FB needs a new selling feature in 2004/6 whatever.

Like mentioned above, the advantage is Firebird ALREADY has all of that, and a huge already over 130+ extensions for it.

Secondly, new features and all are nice and slick. But will IE still have it's shody standards compliance?
I sure hope they improve upon it.

To tell you the truth, I really hope IE longhorn lives up to the hype, hell I hope it even surpases it.
The more featured/standards compiant browsers out there, the better for the web.

What I do doubt though is IE will be as customizable as Firebird is and will be in 2-3 years.
scratch

Post by scratch »

yeah, FB has the features, but IE apparently has better download management and popup blocking. :cry:
AzaToth

Post by AzaToth »

scratch wrote:yeah, FB has the features, but IE apparently has better download management and popup blocking. :cry:

download management?

you download a file, end of story! Need it to be more complicated?
Goldzilla

Post by Goldzilla »

scratch wrote:yeah, FB has the features, but IE apparently has better download management and popup blocking. :cry:

Do MSN popups get blocked? I don't know about you but I prefer a dedicated program to block popups and that will manipulate pages just about any which way you want. And that has libraries of filters to handle common site popups, pause pages, flash ads and the like.
scratch

Post by scratch »

AzaToth wrote:

download management?

yes. pause, resume, remove downloads from download history after x number of days. IE has these things, FB doesn't.
AzaToth

Post by AzaToth »

scratch wrote:
AzaToth wrote:

download management?

yes. pause, resume, remove downloads from download history after x number of days. IE has these things, FB doesn't.

Some wants those features som doesn't, I does not need that kind of feature because I'm direct connected. Download history I have never looked at, I put everything into ~/downloads, that I regulary rm.
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

I think IE is trying to raise the bar a bit more. I think a little healthy competition wil only encourage the FB developers... It will at least give them some more idea's :)

Regarding the download manager: Its a feature i have been kinda missing in FB. I would like a way to manualy enter an url and FB will download it. For instance, if i put a .mov in the url-bar, FB will play it, instead of downloading it. Furthermore, for large downloads i would like a resume button. That way i can start a download at night, turn my pc off, go to sleep, wake up, turn it back on. Currently i am using a seperate download manager for that :(

Btw: IE7 will only ship with longhorn. Since a lot of people dont want to pay 200 euro for a new version the moment it comes out (especially since xp seems to perform good enough) i think it will take a lot of time before IE7 becomes the standard IE version. (Also: 2006. i mean, come on, by that time FB can put people on mars with all this ongoing activity :) )
[ Gecko/20030926 Firebird/0.7+ (aebrahim) ] :: [ Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 (20030924) ]
Tancred

Post by Tancred »

I'm not sure about these images.
When I looked at them I got the impression that someone with a good knowledge of Photoshop and Mozilla had just put them together. Can you really see Microsoft putting "Add-ons" into their browser?#

And there is a mention of Ogg.

Visually they look rather different from these screen shots http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/longhorn_4029_2.asp

We could just be looking a fakes here.
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

Its a bit academic for me. Longhorn will have palladium technology. No way am I getting involved with that. If I.E 7 is standalone it will get installed, but only to run windows update.....
Please PM the mod team when you see a rule infraction
Life State:: McLovin it
Camino v2.1 (pre)
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Lyon wrote:(Also: 2006. i mean, come on, by that time FB can put people on mars with all this ongoing activity :) )

Only if it's not in the default build. As an extension I wouldn't object, though. Some of us like to stay on our home planets when we browse. =P
svwurz

Post by svwurz »

This is my first post. This is really acidic. THought this was for Mozilla/Firebird support, not a damn debate on M$ and what ever they have comming down the pike next. I frankly don't care. I'm looking at the support features. The moderator of this subject should get things under control, or add an IE/Opera? what ever area.
Satch

Post by Guest »

6.05 will be in XP SP2 and will have popup blocking and probably the download manager.
svwurz

Post by svwurz »

So this is the part where I say who cares, go to the M$ site of you choice and sing bill gates praises. Mozilla is not for you so just leave, Add smiles, Geeze
Satch

Post by Guest »

Apparently intelligence is not your strong point.
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

so basically you've come here to praise IE because its finally giving you the stuff that we've been getting from Opera and Mozilla for some time now. And I assume that you've also been using IE for all these past years(because if you weren't, then you're basically a hypocrite), which means you've been using an inferior product. So now you've come here to say 'look at me, I'm going to get to use a product which is possibly minorly superior to yours sometime in the hopefully near future'.

And you're pointing out other peoples' lack of intelligence?