Having problems with Flash?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

yo man ANYBODY WANT TO HELP WITH THE SHOCK FLASH!!!!
eleanor

Re: gif files will not run

Post by eleanor »

riber52 wrote:When I open an email, the gif files appear as big boxes with little red diamonds in the upper left hand corner. I have downloaded the most current Flashplayer and Shockwave. My second computer handles these emails perfectly.

Help!!!

Rick

Just a thought --- My Outlook Express email has the same thing as what you've described, except that I've got little red Xs instead of diamonds.
Immediately above the main body of the email message, right below the subject field, it says "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent
the sender from identifying your computer. Click here to download pictures."

It doesn't look like a clickable link, just regular text - but by clicking on that message, all the flash stuff loads.

If you have that same type of message, perhaps there's some OS setting or firewall/virus blocker etc setting that's different on your two computers.
Windows 7 Home SP2

Post by Guest »

I went down the list in the first post, doing every suggestions, but my flash still doesn't work on some pages. On others it works ok, I'm not sure if it's because some are shockwave or what. I think it stopped working around when I upgraded to flash 8 so I googled and found that this was a problem for many people. Then, I tried using a flash uninstaller and reinstalled flash 7, but it didn't work. Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong? Below is a screenshot of what a flash site looks like to me.

Post by Guest »

Hmm, nevermind. Firefox just updated itself and it's working fine now. :)

BTW, I'm the same guest^^, just forgot to log in. :P

Post by Guest »

I've just upgraded to 1.5 and can no longer disable the plugin prompts. I've set plugin.default.plugin.disabled = false and renamed libnullplugin.so but I'm still being prompted. How do I turn it off for good and why is there no easy way to disable this?

Post by Guest »

FIXED. sorry to bump but it saves someone answering.

Not sure I understand why prefixing libnullplugin.so with an underscore and restarting ff didn't work but I just deleted the lib and restarted. Everything is fine now, no annoying yellow bar at the top of the screen and no annoying prompts everytime I view a flash infected page.
dandydou

Post by dandydou »

Hi,
I have Fedora Core 5 and firefox 1.5.0.1. I installed flash player 7. The plugin never seems to install! It is in my /usr/firefox/plugins directory but if I see the about:plugins of firefox, it doesn't appear. (Naturally, I can't see a flash web page.)
Can someone help me? I saw that "Flash Player 8.0 does not work if you use Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled". I know I'm using flash player 7 but could this be my problem? How do I know if I'm using Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled?
I am new to Linux so I need detailled info to be able to try the solution but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Post by Guest »

Gahhh something is wrong!

Whenever I try to play streaming audio (such as that here on myspace, or purevolume, a radio.blog, etc) or I try to play a video from myspace or youtube or anything like that, no audio plays whatsoever. I don't know why! Its not my volume up, I have it all turned up. Online Videos do play audio if their real player, windows media, or quicktime files. But otherwise they wont work. Then I noticed that if they were like flash videos then the sound didnt work. (Is that what myspace, you tube etc uses?) I'm tired of it not working! I can't listen to anybody's music on their profiles or anything.

For example, I uploaded a video to myspace, youtube, and google video... and they will not pay sound! But if I watch the vids in winamp, windows media, etc they work just fine.
Im sure they use flash...

WHY?!!!!!!

Why is my flash giving me problems...

also, when i pull up pages that have media on firefox, it says "additional media is required to show content on this page; download missing plugins" then it says like "cannot find the required plugins.. click the maually find/install the plugins" and then it never find them! What do i do?? It used to work but not anymore..

:(
_pF_

Post by _pF_ »

I found that I need to disable proxomitron (a web filter) to be able to view youtube videos, and some content on other sites.

Post by Guest »

dandydou wrote:Hi,
I have Fedora Core 5 and firefox 1.5.0.1. I installed flash player 7. The plugin never seems to install! It is in my /usr/firefox/plugins directory but if I see the about:plugins of firefox, it doesn't appear. (Naturally, I can't see a flash web page.)
Can someone help me? I saw that "Flash Player 8.0 does not work if you use Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled". I know I'm using flash player 7 but could this be my problem? How do I know if I'm using Adblock with OBJ-TABS enabled?
I am new to Linux so I need detailled info to be able to try the solution but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

I'm having the same problem!
Marc Driver

Re: Having problems with Flash?

Post by Marc Driver »

Anonymous wrote:
Hendikins wrote:Thread Notes
Adobe has indicated that it will be a non-trivial task to port Flash Player to x86_64, so it may be some time before a 64bit version is released.

Dear Hendikins, could you please tell me when firefox will be release as linux x86_64 and 64bit windows on the mozilla web site?

This may/would be helpful in process of getting sun java and adobe macro meadia flash players/plugins for 64bit windows and 64bit linux platforms.

Is it possible to have a reply on this?
I think that this kind of problem with no reply, even an "I don't know" do not Linux to be well spread...
Spazo

fedora core 5 flash problems

Post by Spazo »

Anonymous wrote:
dandydou wrote:Hi,
Thanks

I'm having the same problem!

i have the exact same problem!!! i have even tried manually downloading and installing flashplayer my self and deleting the specified file (xpti.dat) in both mozilla and fire fox directories, but i still cant see anything flash!

Someone Help Us!!!! ](*,)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can start Firefox in -safe-mode to test if an extension is blocking the flash.
If the Flash plugin is in the program file plugins folder but doesn't show on the about:plugins page then try to delete pluginreg.dat
See: Profile Folder: Files outside the "Profiles" folder

There are firewalls that can block Flash content (I don't know if that applies to Linux as well). So check that.

Post by Guest »

its simple to make transparency flash in firefox u just need to add some tags give below:

<param>

and the code given below add another thing in EMBED tag >> wmode="transparent" look like below example:

<embed>

This will make flash file transparent have fun :) if u don't understand so u can email me for queries farkkj2@hotmail.com.

BYE BYE

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:its simple to make transparency flash in firefox u just need to add some tags give below:

<param>

and the code given below add another thing in EMBED tag >> wmode="transparent" look like below example:

<embed>

This will make flash file transparent have fun :) if u don't understand so u can email me for queries farkkj2@hotmail.com.

BYE BYE

OOps wht the hell is that the tags example i mentions not display i think its restricted by forum admin now wht can i do u can ask me personally i u wanna know :(