Having problems with Flash?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Disable HTML code in your post (preview window).
There are problems since the last forum software update.
It can even happen if you use BBCode code tags.
(that really need fixing :( )
MeChAnIx

Post by MeChAnIx »

Anonymous wrote:Gahhh something is wrong!

Whenever I try to play streaming audio (such as that here on myspace, or purevolume, a radio.blog, etc) or I try to play a video from myspace or youtube or anything like that, no audio plays whatsoever. I don't know why! Its not my volume up, I have it all turned up. Online Videos do play audio if their real player, windows media, or quicktime files. But otherwise they wont work. Then I noticed that if they were like flash videos then the sound didnt work. (Is that what myspace, you tube etc uses?) I'm tired of it not working! I can't listen to anybody's music on their profiles or anything.

For example, I uploaded a video to myspace, youtube, and google video... and they will not pay sound! But if I watch the vids in winamp, windows media, etc they work just fine.
Im sure they use flash...

WHY?!!!!!!

Why is my flash giving me problems...

also, when i pull up pages that have media on firefox, it says "additional media is required to show content on this page; download missing plugins" then it says like "cannot find the required plugins.. click the maually find/install the plugins" and then it never find them! What do i do?? It used to work but not anymore..

:(

I have the same problem, someone knows how to fix it?
schapel

Post by schapel »

Could it be <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=265200">bug 265200</a>?

Post by Guest »

I had a problem where flash would not show up on the page, but would load if I went directly to the link.
It turns out that Flash Click To View extension was not uninstalled completely.

I removed the following from userContent.css and that fixed the issue:

/*
* Flash Click to View by Ted Mielczarek (luser_mozilla@perilith.com)
* Original code by Jesse Ruderman (jruderman@hmc.edu)
* taken from http://www.squarefree.com/userstyles/xbl.html
* Change XBL binding for <object> tags, click to view flash
* Doesn't work for <embed> tags, which are less common than <object> tags - bug 190970
*/
object[classid$=":D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"],
object[codebase*="swflash.cab"]
{ -moz-binding: url("chrome://flashblock/content/flash.xml#obj"); }
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson »

I, too am having some limited Flash problems. Would love some input.

All software is fresh install on a new system. Windows XP, Firefox 1.5.0.6. I've installed and uninstalled (both via the Windows Control Panel and the official Adobe uninstaller) Flash and Shockwave multiple times.

I don't use AdBlock.

Post-install test page on Adobe works fine, as does Flash on most sites.

However, one of my little girl's favorite sites has a flash app that just will not work in Firefox (it's on www(dot)fisher-price(dot)com), and I get a 'download Flash' message instead. The specific URL is in the kids games section (not sure if it's OK to post a URL or not).

This site and all pages work fine with IE.

I've gone through the troubleshooting guide at the start of this thread and for each item it seems I've either tried it or it doesn't apply to my PC.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.
schapel

Post by schapel »

Robert Paulson wrote:However, one of my little girl's favorite sites has a flash app that just will not work in Firefox (it's on www(dot)fisher-price(dot)com), and I get a 'download Flash' message instead. The specific URL is in the kids games section (not sure if it's OK to post a URL or not).

Give us the URL and we should be able to tell you what the problem is.
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson »

Thanks, schapel.
The URL to the page with each game is: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... er&site=us

One of the URLs using Flash that won't display is: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/littlepe ... malSounds', 'animal', 'width=655,height=510,scrollbars=yes' (it's a javascript link - you can also navigate there from the first link - it's the game link in the top left corner.)

Thanks for your help!
schapel

Post by schapel »

I get that same message, "This game requires the use of Macromedia Flash Player," even though I have Flash installed and it works on many other pages. It looks like <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tech-evangelism/users.html">a problem with the site</a>.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The need to update their flash detection script for Flash 9:
if (flashPlugin.description.indexOf('8.') != -1) flashVersion = 8;
else if (flashPlugin.description.indexOf('7.') != -1) flashVersion = 7;
else if (flashPlugin.description.indexOf('6.') != -1) flashVersion = 6;
else if (flashPlugin.description.indexOf('5.') != -1) flashVersion = 5;
else if (flashPlugin.description.indexOf('4.') != -1) flashVersion = 4;
else if (flashPlugin.description.indexOf('3.') != -1) flashVersion = 3;
shogun77

Post by shogun77 »

It's been awhile since i've been able to go to familyguy.com. Works fine in IE so I guess i'll just IE Tab it.

Post by Guest »

Mozcerize wrote:If you find yourself unable to play Flash files (.swf files and similar) directly within Firefox or Mozilla (such as by opening a local Flash file in the browser or by clicking a direct link to a Flash file) then you may be experiencing a known bug; see the Knowledge Base article.
ray_corel

plugin flash player to firefox for download youtube

Post by ray_corel »

please tellme stepby step......
Ammo

Post by Ammo »

I`v found the easiest way to fix this issue of lash not loading is to simply clear your Cache. Goto Tools/Options/Privacy/Cache then hit clear cache now. Job done =]

Hope this helps some of you.