Logitech Elite keyboard won't run Mozilla

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
belveder

Logitech Elite keyboard won't run Mozilla

Post by belveder »

I can't seem to run Mozilla, the last coup[le versions anyway, with my Logitech Elite keyboard. None of the functions on the keyboard will load up Mozilla, instead it loads IE. Mozilla is set as the default browser though

Can anyone help out with this please

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Same with the Logitec itouch keyboard, only recognses I.E so any help or ideas will be welcome.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

I know this might be a long shot, but a number of people have had problems with the extra keys on Logitech keyboards.

I would do two things:

1. Write their support and ask them to at the very least offer the ability to configure what gets launched with what button - I thought you could do this?

2. Search the registry (be careful) and see if they store the command lines for these actions in the registry.
Nothlit

Post by Nothlit »

Another way I found that works:

Create a Windows shortcut to whatever URL you want. Place it in a folder somewhere, then point the iTouch button setting to that shortcut as if it were a program.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

That will cause a "Move File" box to appear which must be canceled for Firebird to open. Instead, choose Program and enter:
"E:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe" http://www.google.ca
or whatever web address you want. Here is a pic of the selection process:
http://members.shaw.ca/momusu/itouchshortcut.jpg

This applies to the MX Duo keyboard which I just got as well. 8)
asquithea

Post by asquithea »

I also have a Logitech keyboard, and I was able to configure the 'Web' key to open Mozilla Firebird by explicitly configuring it to start a 'Program' and choosing the Firebird executable.

Post by Guest »

Does anybody know how to configure that back and go button below the scroll wheel? You cannot attach a program to it, you can just suffer nothing... Even IE would not be started. On the picture two post above it is in the inav tab.
Dunderklumpen

Re: Logitech Elite keyboard won't run Mozilla

Post by Dunderklumpen »

belveder wrote:I can't seem to run Mozilla, the last coup[le versions anyway, with my Logitech Elite keyboard. None of the functions on the keyboard will load up Mozilla, instead it loads IE. Mozilla is set as the default browser though

Can anyone help out with this please

Thanks

Works here. If i click on e-mail - Thunderbird is started.
If I click on Home - Firebird is started.

Check so that Firebird/Thunderbird are set as default software in Windows. There are several threads on how to do this in here.
seringen

Post by seringen »

and on another note, make sure you've updated to the most recent itouch software, i just got one of the logitech keyboards and it wasn't playing nice with a number of things until i updated off the website.