Mozilla/Firebird printing problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
aclaunch

Mozilla/Firebird printing problem

Post by aclaunch »

I recently installed Slackware 9.1 on a spare drive in anticipation of changing over from 9.0. When setting up Mozilla and Firebird I have the following problems: 1- Mozilla or Firebird will only print graphics on pages. If I print to a file and then open the file, all that shows are the graphics, not the text (this is true even with pages that are mostly text). This does not happen however with Epiphany or Galeon that are also based on the Mozilla engine. Details: HP OfficeJet G85, CUPS, Mozilla 1.4 and 1.5, Firebird 0.61 and 0.7-no problem with same setup with Slackware 9.0. 2-Once Firebird is installed there are problems with launching Mozilla. I get errors "cannot find libmozjs.so" even though it is there. This only happens as "user" not "root". It persisted even after I uninstalled Firebird and I had to reinstall Mozilla to get it working again.

Both of these are very strange as I had no problem with the previous Slackware version. However, in several postings on Slackware boards, no one seems to be having any similar problems.

Thanks in advance,
Alan Claunch