Images not loading properly

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
amelagar

Images not loading properly

Post by amelagar »

Hi, I'm running Firebird 0.7 on a Win2K system.

My problem is that on some webpages, some of the images do not appear. I get broken image links instead. When I right-click these and select 'show image', it does load, most of the time in a separate window. When I then press the 'back' key, it also loads properly in the website, and some of the other not-loaded images come up also.

This is very uncomfortable. Most website menus use image buttons nowadays, which don't load. Placeholders don't load. <a href="http://www.sluggy.com">My daily comic</a> doesn't load.

I deleted and reinstalled FB several times, and also removed my profile and all extensions. This didn't help. I didn't have this problem with FB 0.6. If I can't find a solution, I'll try going back to 0.6.

Steven
frease

Post by frease »

That link loads very fast and fine for me. If you want to change build, try the one in my sig. It renders pages very fast.
biggie152

Post by biggie152 »

I can't get any images at all, even when I go to shopping url, ie; www.kohls.com. All I can see is 2 prices on the screen, no navigation or any thing else. Using FB 7. No images at all.......Why?
biggie152

Post by biggie152 »

That site is www.kohls.com I am running XP Pro.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

biggie152 wrote:That site is www.kohls.com I am running XP Pro.

Loaded fine for me, and very quickly, too. XP Home, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
biggie152

Post by biggie152 »

OK, I finally got Kohls to load by going into tools/options/web features/java-advanced/uncheck change images. That seems to let page load the way it should and fast. I just installed FB7 and still have to work on customizing the way I want it to work. But I must say it is way faster than IE6, all around a nicer browser, not all bogged down with unneccessary garbage.