Cant copy and paste in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
PaulSeez

Cant copy and paste in Firefox

Post by PaulSeez »

I've somehow lost the ability to copy and paste from or into firefox.

Its like this. if I click on somethin to copy it and then try to paste it elsewhere, it wont work. For example I loaded somethin to yousendit in a sepearate tab, then copied the link to send to somebody through my email (which was open in another tab) and it didnt work, I couldnt paste.

So I open up IE and upload the file again. Copied from IE and tried to paste into firefox. nothin.

third I opened a new IE window and opened my email then tried to paste from IE into the other IE window. It worked. so I've come to the conclusion that the firefox paste/copy function got effed up somehow. I updated it a few minutes ago (but the problem started before I updated) and the update didnt help.

Any suggestions, it looks like this could really be annoying if it continues. I've considered uninstalling it completely and then getting a new reinstall, but I aint done that yet. any help would be appreciated.

Post by Guest »

I'm having the same problem. It was working fine a couple days ago, and I didn't do anything to change the software. I have no idea what teh ehck is going on. :(

Post by Guest »

Same here, I can't copy or paste in Firefox either. Just happened out of the blue for no reason

Post by Guest »

this really sucks, oh well guess I'll start using opera. hope they get it fixed
Strephon Alkhalikoi

Post by Strephon Alkhalikoi »

Pretty interesting. I just did a copy. Here's the paste.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

PaulSeez

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10th 2005 11:20am     
I've somehow lost the ability to copy and paste from or into firefox.

Its like this. if I click on somethin to copy it and then try to paste it elsewhere, it wont work. For example I loaded somethin to yousendit in a sepearate tab, then copied the link to send to somebody through my email (which was open in another tab) and it didnt work, I couldnt paste.

So I open up IE and upload the file again. Copied from IE and tried to paste into firefox. nothin.

third I opened a new IE window and opened my email then tried to paste from IE into the other IE window. It worked. so I've come to the conclusion that the firefox paste/copy function got effed up somehow. I updated it a few minutes ago (but the problem started before I updated) and the update didnt help.

Any suggestions, it looks like this could really be annoying if it continues. I've considered uninstalling it completely and then getting a new reinstall, but I aint done that yet. any help would be appreciated.
   [Quote]

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10th 2005 12:31pm     
I'm having the same problem. It was working fine a couple days ago, and I didn't do anything to change the software. I have no idea what teh ehck is going on. Sad
   [Quote]

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10th 2005 1:20pm     
Same here, I can't copy or paste in Firefox either. Just happened out of the blue for no reason
   [Quote]

New postPosted: Oct Tue 11th 2005 1:10am     
this really sucks, oh well guess I'll start using opera. hope they get it fixed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, it works for me, running Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051010 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2005101011.

Try uninstalling and re-installing, as it does seem as if something got messed up when you installed.
There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Roger77

Post by Roger77 »

Do copy and paste start working if you re-boot your computer, not just re-start Firefox?

Post by Guest »

Im running Win XP SP2 and FF 1.0.7 and Ive tried re-booting and reopening firefox... the problem is still there.

It was working fine yesterday... very strange.

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem, can't copy or paste at times in Firefox (1.5b1 and 1.5b2) either. Happens at random. Page refresh fixes problem for current page.

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem here as well :-(
dyonisus

Post by dyonisus »

what happened? was there a firefox attack of some sort?
Candy (arg)

Post by Candy (arg) »

Im having the same problem since a couple of days ago: sometimes it copies, most times it doesnt. Specially into the adress bar, its really annoying. I see that the problem is not copying within a tab, but to move data from a tab to another (copying and pasting, that is), or trying to copy info from the program to a notepad, for instance. Copying within a tab works fine, so thats not the issue here.

Didnt touch the install, only updated (last I knew it was 1.0.4). I just downloaded 1.0.7 minutes ago, uninstalled and reinstalled, but the problem persists. Again, never touched config or anything.

Im running Win XP SP2, my Firefox last version was 1.0.4, now updated to 1.0.7 [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.0.7], with no extensions, nor modifications, nor beta versions, nor different configs.

Hope someone checks it out. Thanks!
Candy (arg)

Post by Candy (arg) »

Ok, now im trying safe mode, problem persists :(

I insist (cause Strephon there just copied and pasted in front of the whole class) that copying and pasting within a tab works fine. Thing is, It wont work elsewhere: between tabs, different browsers or to/from windows programs.
hellene

Post by hellene »

I wonder if it is a 1.0.7 problem, as I just copied out of here and into word no problems

And then copied this bit back in from word. Didn’t even use paste quote.

But I haven't updated yet.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy

Post by Guest »

But I ran 1.0.4 (or so that said when I uninstalled minutes ago), and thats where I got the problem. Only then updated to 1.0.7 and problem persisted. I have a 1.0.2 installer somewhere, will try that this afternoon, if there is still no clue. Hope I can help in any way you ask :)
Candy (arg)

Post by Candy (arg) »

(ok, that was me)