Cant copy and paste in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Thom2

Post by Thom2 »

Pulled my hair out on 10/9 trying to help a friend with this problem, now here it is 10/12 and my work computer just suddenly started experiencing the same symptoms.

Can't copy and paste between tabs. This problem just seems to appear out of nowhere.

W2K
FF 1.06 when the problem started
upgraded to FF 1.07 and experiencing the same problem
crystal-x

Post by crystal-x »

German: hmm wie kann ich dieses Problem beheben nutze auch 1.0.7 ??

English:hmm as I know this problem repair use also 1,0,7??
junglemom

Post by junglemom »

Does the lack of answers mean that no tech person is working on this yet?
Just curious. I am not familiar with how Mozilla tech support works.

time is a wasting for school...guess we won't do any today, either(didn't get to do any yesterday, due to this stupid thing)
hellene

Post by hellene »

This forum is user to user support (including me - I'm only a volunteer). I don't think anyone is working on it - I have not so far been able to raise anyone who might have better information.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
El-Rodente

Post by El-Rodente »

man, same problem for me, had it a couple of days now

1.0.7 for me, started the same time i started using imageshack quickload, thought it was somethign to do with that, but probably wasnt

edit: trying MS antispyware now, they're getting a bit anal with their verification arent they?
HurricaneJC

Post by HurricaneJC »

Same problem here! I haven't had this problem with the previous versions. Now with 1.0.7 it happens more frequent. I'm running on Win XP SP2.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Thanks a lote Hellene for pulling a few strings for us. This is really annoying. In my "survey" I found that only 20% of my friends were affected, thats not a lot of people. And this being not a security glitch, im sure it wont be solved as quickly as wed want. Oh, well...
[candyman]²

Kris Silver

Post by Kris Silver »

El Rodente, just get Ad-Aware & Spybot, much better!

Also guys, though this doesnt solve the problem, it appears the problem is not apparent on Firefox 1.5 beta, so that might be worth ago as a quick fix. Whether that suggests this is a bug for Firefox 1.0.7 or with an extension or something I dont know, but certain most dont have this problem.
junglemom

Post by junglemom »

thanks Hellene,
I was not sure how the forum worked.
I guess we how have broken FF are on our own then, since it is not a large numbers problem. :-(
Chrissy

Copy and Paste

Post by Chrissy »

Hi out there, just wanted to let you know that I am experiencing the same problems with the copy and pasting ... And I DO think there are much more people out there ... Hoefully somebody's gonna fix it soon ... otherwise I will have to quite Mozilla ...
Candy

Post by Candy »

Kris Silver wrote:Whether that suggests this is a bug for Firefox 1.0.7 or with an extension or something I dont know, but certain most dont have this problem.

Nope: as we said many times in this topic, this has nothing to do with versions (it appeared in 1.0.4, 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 so far) neither with extensions or profiles, cause the Standard Diagnostig has been run, at least by one user.
[candyman]²

Kris Silver

Post by Kris Silver »

Chrissy you wont have to quit Mozilla thats silly. IE has masses of spyware, those kind of problems are far worse. I think this is happening to a minority, but a reasonable amount of people all the same, and has been reported. Search bugzilla for it. Also, try Firefox 1.5 beta, that worked for someone else.
margaretj

copy and paste problem fixed

Post by margaretj »

hey folks- I had the copy and paste problem and I solved it-

I went to microsoft.com- downloaded the latest updates- and now the problem is gone
miss_kitty

Post by miss_kitty »

I see only people with SP2 reporting this bug (when they do mention their OS) I have not had this problem and I am running SP1...and believe me-I have the type of system that is a bug magnet-could it be wrapped up somehow in the SP2 mess?
Windows 10
jfklives

Post by jfklives »

"hey folks- I had the copy and paste problem and I solved it-

I went to microsoft.com- downloaded the latest updates- and now the problem is gone"

I'm running SP2 and 100% am current on my patches, but the problem still exists. For me the issue started two days ago .....