rescue disk

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ffee7744

rescue disk

Post by ffee7744 »

I JUST SPENT A HALF HOUR TO DOWNLOAD THE "FREE"RESCUE DISK AND SCAN MY COMPUTER FOR PROBLEMS ONLY TO FIND OUY THAT IN ORDER TO DELETE PROBLEMS I HAD TO BUY THE DISK. WHY DO YOU NOT SAY THAT UP FRONT SO AS NOT TO WASTE MY TIME .

Post by Guest »

Ah, did you by any chance respond to the ADVERTISEMENT on the Firefox User Support forum? That has nothing to do with this site, you know. It's just an advertisement.

You see, Kerz, you have to put those ads somewhere else.
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: rescue disk

Post by Alex Bishop »

ffee7744 wrote:I JUST SPENT A HALF HOUR TO DOWNLOAD THE "FREE"RESCUE DISK AND SCAN MY COMPUTER FOR PROBLEMS ONLY TO FIND OUY THAT IN ORDER TO DELETE PROBLEMS I HAD TO BUY THE DISK. WHY DO YOU NOT SAY THAT UP FRONT SO AS NOT TO WASTE MY TIME .

Thanks for your feedback on the advertisements.

In response to this, we will make it more obvious that the ads are ads.

Can you remember the address of the website that the free rescue disk ad directed you to? We will look into blocking it from appearing again if it's deceptive.
Alex

Post by Guest »

It's probably the one right at the top of the Firefox Support Forum. It doesn't matter if it's deceptive or not. Those ads all look like part of the site -- like something Mozilla is offering. :omg:
James

Re: rescue disk

Post by James »

Alex Bishop wrote:In response to this, we will make it more obvious that the ads are ads.

Can you remember the address of the website that the free rescue disk ad directed you to? We will look into blocking it from appearing again if it's deceptive.

It could have been either one of these Ads by Goooooogle.

Download It Now- Free
Finds & Fixes Computer Errors Free Download & 100% Guarantee
HealthyComputerClub.com/PCRescue

Compare LogMeIn Rescue
Instant Remote Desktop- Try Free Faster & Better ROI, Feature Rich
Rescue.LogMeIn.com
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Anonymous wrote:It's probably the one right at the top of the Firefox Support Forum. It doesn't matter if it's deceptive or not. Those ads all look like part of the site -- like something Mozilla is offering. :omg:

Except that this is not a Mozilla site. Mozillazine is independent of the Mozilla Foundation.

Post by Guest »

DanRaisch wrote:Mozillazine is independent of the Mozilla Foundation.

Not that anyone would know. The names are curiously similar. If they were'nt in cahoots, MozillaZine would be out of business or would have a different name. But...

Alex Bishop wrote:In response to this, we will make it more obvious that the ads are ads.

it's a moot point for this thread. Evidently I can't read. :)
James

Post by James »

Anonymous wrote:

Not that anyone would know. The names are curiously similar. If they were'nt in cahoots, MozillaZine would be out of business or would have a different name. But...

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 4934#14934
Alex Bishop wrote:It could have all been so different: MozillaZine was originally going to be a guitar website.

Heh..
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

Anonymous wrote:

Back in the Neolithic era when MozillaZine started, no-one really cared about protecting the Mozilla trademarks. We should probably make the relationship (or lack of) clearer.
Alex
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

James wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14934#14934
Alex Bishop wrote:It could have all been so different: MozillaZine was originally going to be a guitar website.

Heh..

<a href="http://www5.localweb.com/fingerstyle/">I wasn't kidding.</a>
Alex
James

Post by James »

Alex Bishop wrote:
James wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14934#14934

Heh..

<a href="http://www5.localweb.com/fingerstyle/">I wasn't kidding.</a>

Those new beta 1.5 versions of guitar picks sure are buggy... I mean my fingers are bleeding, that's it I'm going back to Micropick.