Icons on WinME?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CrazyMeat

Icons on WinME?

Post by CrazyMeat »

OK the topic is not about what OS I use so don't start any stuff on that its a long story and I don't want to explain it. So heres my question I keep having the windows icon for my taskbar instead of what I want. I did what the guide said and added the icons, renamed them, created directories, etc. I know I did that part exactly like it said in the guide. So can anyone help me?

The extenstion worked but I don't know what happened to it.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

It would help to know what release of Firebird you are using. Go to Help/About and you should see something like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031029 Firebird/0.7+ (aebrahim)

That says I'm using the Oct 29 Firebird.

I, too, use Win ME, and I'm also seeing the Windows generic icon where I used to see Firebird-specific icons. Maybe a bug in recent releases? I don't know.
James

Post by James »

If you did what the http://texturizer.net/firebird/tips.html#app_icon tip said to do then it should work after a restart of browser, after adding a icon named main-window ,and the others are though I don't bother are I believe is jsconsoleWindow , downloadManager , bookmarkwindow

win95, win98 and also winME tend to get this bug. Bug#17349

The Icon Packs at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jessica.da ... ebird.html are very much like what I use all the time.
CrazyMeat

Post by CrazyMeat »

did what the guide said and added the icons, renamed them, created directories, etc.

Oh and I'm using 7.0.
liamgilmartin

icons me

Post by liamgilmartin »

Hello,

I'm using Me and Firebird 0.7 and I can assure you that the tips and tricks icon mod does work. Might be worth another go.

http://texturizer.net/firebird/tips.html#app_icon
Bibendum Ergo Sum

Using Gateway Solo Laptop/Intel p2.

Running Windows ME/MozFirebird 0.7 Milestone as default browser with Calendar Extension.

Also Thunderbird Mail as default email.
Dark Reality

Post by Dark Reality »

I would recommend against using Windows 95, 98, or ME if you can help it.

Windows XP has issues of its own, but I think it's the best one. Pro anyway. Disabling that "Luna" interface is the first thing I do; except for a new Windows flag on the Start menu and the collapsible System Tray, my Windows looks like 98. Minus a few small things.

If you can't stand XP (understandable) I strongly recommend Windows 2000 Server. I don't think Microsoft has yet made a better, more stable OS. And no, I don't mean Windows 2000 Professional. That's not nearly as stable.

Windows is such a mess. You think they'd make ONE that just works... ;)