Unresponsive script error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
futu

unresponsive script error

Post by futu »

I have had this problem since upgrading from 1.0 and have removed all extensions and tried everything else mentioned here to no avail. I am grudgingly going stop using FF and hope they find a solution. At this time FF is useless to me and as much as I hate to say it, makes ie (almost) look good. ](*,)
mike_lee

Post by mike_lee »

craigevil wrote:The above link did not produce an "unresponsive script" for me. However since I don't read whatever Oriental language the site is in I didn't try clicking on any links.

Orient mostly means India I think, maybe Asian is better word.

Chinese is all complex symbols (that page was Chinese)
台北市長選情綠營再添變數

Japanese has symbols plus an alphabet かーきーくーけーこ
You can easily tell the Japanese alphabet from the Chinese kanji/hanzi

女の人って
東京の天気

Korea has a wonderful writing system
한일중고생교류 및 상대국어선택고 this symbol 공 seems to be the most telltale sign

Thai you only need to see once สถานที่ที่สามารถค้นหารูปภาพได้มากที่สุดในเว็บ

I had this problem and I DID fix it somehow, there is a solution out there.
crisw

Unresponsive script and Google

Post by crisw »

I have been having ths error for the last few days; only on Google's website. I cannot think of anything I have changed in the last few days. As others have said, I do not want to uninstall the very useful Google Toolbar because of this bug.

Ia anyone else having a problem on the Google website with this error?
euskir

Post by euskir »

I'm having the problem with the Beta Blogger. Only with that website, on Firefox and Camino.
crisw

Post by crisw »

Tried increasing the script time and disabling the safe browsing. It didn't help.
euskir

Post by euskir »

It's not an extension problem, in Safe Mode the problem it's still there, here...
PTC

Im getting it too, though I know kinda whats going on

Post by PTC »

Ok, I had several extentions running with no problem. One of them was FootieFox. I was checking extentions and I saw one that I thought would be decent to put on...ReminderFox.

I downloaded it and i noticed that Firefox didn't work...at all. I shut it down, restarted firefox and it didnt work. Here's where it got weird however.

I started firefox back in safe mode and got rid of ReminderFox, thinking naturally that this would fix it. It didn't. So I did trial and error and found out that the problem was FootieFox.

Now, remember, Footie had been working just fine for months prior to this. It was something about downloading Reminder that messed up footie. Now im getting the "reminder" every time I open firefox and footie is enabled. Obviously, when it's disabled everything is fine.

Does anyone know what could have happened?

By the way since this has happend I totally uninstalled firefox, wiped it clean and started over. What ticks me off is that whatever change that happened when I downloaded Remider...it's permanent because even after uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, I STILL can't run footie....something I could run perfectly fine just yesterday.

Talk about weird.
euskir

Post by euskir »

A couple of minutes ago I was trying the Flock browser, and the same "unresponsive script" message pops up, but this time with some extra information, a link: http://beta.blogger.com/widgets/2611175964-widgets.js
jordao1

Post by jordao1 »

I started getting the 'unresponsive script' message yesterday. That was after several things had changed on my system:

1) Installed AVG
2) Installed and activated Spyware Blaster
3) Updated Extension Manager

I started getting the message on several web pages. Uninstalling Spyware Blaster seemed to solve most of the problems but still got the message when opening FF windows. After reading one of the above posts I uninstalled Footie Fox (made sense because the messsage only appeared when opening new windows).

This seems to have solved all the problems. I may experiment with re-installing FootieFox. It could be that one of the security programs messed it up somehow.
euskir

Post by euskir »

This is a real mystery. I was "playing" with the "Blog Archive", making some arrangements in my "links", and since yesterday the "unresponsive script" pop up it's no longer in Firefox and Camino.
A really weird good news. (Remember that my problem was only with Blogger Beta).

at the start

Post by Guest »

I get the "Unresponsive script error" every time I load Firefox. When I click the firefox icon (or even the safemode icon),it pauses for 25 to 30 seconds before giving me the unresponsive script error, which whn i click 'stop script', it loads firefox. I've uninstalled all of my addons and don't have any third party tool bars. This problem has happened to me from 1.5 all the way until 2.0, with several uninstalls and reinstalls along the way.
I don't know if it is related or not, the the built-in plugin manager is broken in my firefox also. Every time I try to click on the options for a plugin, the window becomes unresponsive. It just stays there, not doing anything, ever after I close all other windows of Firefox. The only way to close it down is from the task manager.

Is there some way to totally purge one's system of all firefox related files, and then perform a clean install?

Unresponsive script site

Post by Guest »

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/GEFP/index.htm

I have Firefox 1.5.0.7, on Ubuntu Dapper, with Adblock and Google Toolbar installed. Anyone else have problems loading this site?
euskir

Re: Unresponsive script site

Post by euskir »

Anonymous wrote:http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/GEFP/index.htm

I have Firefox 1.5.0.7, on Ubuntu Dapper, with Adblock and Google Toolbar installed. Anyone else have problems loading this site?

I'm using Firefox 2.0, the website loading it's fine.
breezy55417

"unresponsive script"

Post by breezy55417 »

crisw wrote:Tried increasing the script time and disabling the safe browsing. It didn't help.

I've tried this also with no improvement.
I will now attempt to use the Unofficial version of the Google toolbar, PRGoogleBar https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/193/to see if that helps.

My question is Why doesn't the error message box indicate which window/Tab or site is causing this message? I could then simply close that tab.
Windows XPhome MCE Pro SP3 w/ updates current, FF (latest stable) with a lot of extensions,Thunderbird Updated, and an Eclectus Parrot named "Woodrow"
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It needn't be the site that causes the problem.
It could also be caused by an extension.
There are two timeouts:
dom.max_script_run_time
dom.max_chrome_script_run_time