User Help for Mozilla Firefox
shmoblar

I keep getting an error (pic)

Post by shmoblar »

and my bookmarks are not loading
JoshuaJSlone

(me too)

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Bummer that you're having this, but I'm somewhat glad to see the problem I came looking for advice on isn't something unique to me that would never be able to be figured out.

I don't recall anything significant happening before it started... had upgraded to .7 a few weeks prior, hadn't added any new extensions recently... then that started up.

I renamed my existing Firebird folder and installed it anew, but the problem remained. My looking about tonight makes me realize it's probably something in the Windows\Phoenix\Profiles (perhaps the prefs.js it mentions in the gibberish) which has gone wrong, which would make sense since I didn't know to do anything with it when I tried installing again.

For now, the problem seems to have morphed into something different. For one, it doesn't remember options I change, like telling it to start up on a blank page. For another, and much more troublesome, is that about half the time the tabs and page viewing area... jitter. It seems to randomly choose to each time a page is loaded. If it does jitter, the tabs and the window move up and down several pixels repeatedly, several times a second. They aren't synchronized in this either, but do it independently. Very disorienting.
JoshuaJSlone

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I tried creating new profiles, but the jittering always returned. However, I realized on these new profiles I hadn't turned off the Bookmarks Toolbar yet. Once I did, the jittering stopped. So I guess whatever it is is messing with the Bookmarks Toolbar.