Removing bookmarks toolbar folder

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
freaky

Removing bookmarks toolbar folder

Post by freaky »

Hey there,

as I don't use the bookmarks toolbar I would like to delete the folder as well, but it appears that this folder is undeleteable due to appearant reasons. Any ways around those?

TIA & Regards
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Click View> go down to Toolbars and then along to the right where it says Bookmarks Toolbar, click on it to remove the tick from in front of it and the bookmarks toolbar should disappear. You should be able to delete the folder if you click Bookmarks and then right click on the Bookmarks Toolbar folder and choose delete from the menu.
freaky

not that easy

Post by freaky »

If it were that easy I wouldn't ask. Because of obvious reasons (you couldn't turn on the bookmark toolbar anymore) the option delete is grayed out on this folder (and this folder only).
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Sounds like it's time to delete your profile (backup the bits you need to keep first) and start again.
freaky

Post by freaky »

Doubt that :-) As I have it both on linux and windows and they don't share the same profiles nor were they ever copied.

Thanks for the help though. Besides editing the source it might be impossible. Perhaps if I could directly edit the bookmarks file...