password manager

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
smorgas76

password manager

Post by smorgas76 »

when i type in my password and username,I have firebird remember my pass and name when I log out and return to the site it just puts in my username it doesn't put in the password any solution for this?
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Does this apply to all sites for which you want to save a password, or just some, or just one?
smorgas76

Post by smorgas76 »

Every site I visit and also it never asked me for a master password.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Under Tools/Options/Privacy/Saved Passwords, is "remember passwords" checked?

Depending on what release of FB you are using, the passwords are stored in your profile in either "signon.txt" or a file whose name has eight digits with an extension of ".s".

Maybe that file got corrupted. Close FB, delete the file, and try again.
bbfi

Post by bbfi »

I also am having this problem with 0.7 and have tried various night builds and presently the recent Gecko/20031216 Firebird/0.7 build. I deleted "signon.txt", restarted but the problem remains. I have used Mozilla 1.5 and have no problems with passwords being saved and automatically inserted. But I don't want to use Moz 1.5 since I don't need the composer or email client and I prefer the better customizing abilities of Firebird. Any other ideas? :?
WinXP Home SP2
Firefox 1.0 - Thunderbird 1.0
Christian Screen Savers - CLICK HERE
r2frame

password not working

Post by r2frame »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

Password only working with a few signons (actually only one) eventhough it is checked.

Searched for signon.txt and it isn't on my system