Fresh Download in Firebird

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

Another extension that can help is downloadwith can be found here
http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/sh ... ols&numpg=
eye2i2hear

Post by eye2i2hear »

As to FreshDownload I've for the longest dealt with sporadic at best use with Netscape/Mozilla, often getting the "fdg.exe invalid parameters" popup error... until

now as to FreshDownload integration into Mozilla 1.8, I've found the .xpi extension DownloadWith to be my solution [here: http://downloadwith.mozdev.org/]. (ps: DownloadWith allows for multiple downloader integration, including even IE... good for those nasty sites that cling to such; but the plus here is that DW comes with sample path settings for a lot of downloaders! see the link above for those or note that they are included for easy pasting in the DW extension settings under Moz> Preferences)

That noted, DownloadWith's sample for FreshDownload seems to hold a key as to browser integration. The fd.exe requires the added command argument: " /mx [URL] " (the "URL" part being it appears, what many such downloaders need) in order to pickup a url file link. Sorry, I don't know if or how this is actually done apart from DownloadWith~
kickass

Post by kickass »

I don't know if this helps-- Firefox 1.0 works with the newest (downloaded 12/5/04) version of freshdownload with no problem (win2k). I thought I did have a problem though. NO DOWNLOAD PROGRAM will work at the Sun Java Site except the one they wanna sell to ya. I went nuts trying to get it to work, and believe me, when you're on a dialup and the downloads are 50 to 110 MB you wanna be able to resume! Thought it was broken forever. Went to download something else somewhere else and WHAMMO! Freshdownload worked wonderfully and automatically. Just thought I'd pass this on in case anyone else was trying to do the impossible. I'm sure there are a few other sites out there that do not support resumed downloads. If you're testing your mozillaFF/freshdownload installation on one of them you'll drive yourself as crazy as I did.
Where did I put my keys?

Post by Guest »

I'm having trouble with dowloading in the Mozilla browser. I don't know where to begin I think it has to do with scripting, but not sure. Any help out there? :?
Lost User 101655

Freshdownload under Firefox integration - solution

Post by Lost User 101655 »

Solution to integrate current (7.18) version of FreshDownload into Firefox
  1. Stop FreshDownload and Firefox.
  2. Run FreshDownload and go to View->FreshDownload Options->Integrate.
  3. Press 'Define MIME Type' button.
  4. Replace all occurences of commas "," with pipe sign "|".
  5. Hit OK to get back to Integrate tab.
  6. Check 'Integrate into Mozilla' - this will generate CORRECT plugin dll in Firefox plugin directory.
  7. Just in case go to the Firefox plugin dir and check if there's npfd.dll file. Check its properties (ALT+Enter on file) and go to 'Version' tab. Check if there is FileExtens property with extensions separated with pipes |.
  8. Run Firefox! Now all downloads of files with extensions defined in dll will be proccessed by FreshDownload.

Summary:
FD has some kind of error (or its Firefox fault... who knows), that mime types with muliple extensions has those extensions separated with commas. Firefox (or plugin... I don't know) checks for extensions in dll generated with FD, but commas seems to destroy the list, so only first from the list before first comma are proccessed. Workaround was to fix that list, so every single extension is separated with pipe sign. I'm not sure, if that solution doesn't destroy something in IE, Opera or Netscape integration. But Firefox works!

Well... It took me 2 hours to get to that point. Now I can finally set Firefox as a default browser! Shame, that 'Download All' option doesn't work under Firefox. That was kinda handy :) Maybe FreshDevices will do something about it? :)

Have a nice day and ... oooo! Welcome to MozillaZine forum. This was my first post! :O
ellylatsos

code

Post by ellylatsos »

having trouble getting my email for a code . can someone help me get a code , I already registered ..
Mad Nige

Post by Mad Nige »

As a long-ish time user of FD (over a year) I found I was still using IE to get the IE method 2 integration (download all..) 'cause this didn't seem to be available in FireFox, and I sometimes wanted FD to get downloads, but sometimes the browser. So, I normally used FireFox for browsing (and odd single downloads) without FD integrated at all, but to grab a bunch of files/links I'd copy the URL into IE then use FD from the right click menu (download all using FD...),

BUT, the FlashGot FireFox plugin gives me that and better with FD now - click'n'drag to select a bunch of links in the middle of the page, hit Ctrl-F2 (or right click - FlashGot Selection), select the relevant links in the FD popup, hit OK and they're queued (Ctrl-F3 or right click - FlashGot All for the old IE method 2 to get all the links)

Hope this helps someone... (grocal maybe?)

Nigel
marty@egg

download problem

Post by marty@egg »

I seem to get an excel file on my desktop when I download mozilla. How can that be?
iamaguest

Post by iamaguest »

i cant seem to get this working for firefox 1.5.0.1,and if it matters,i downloaded it from fileplanet llinking from gamespys recommendation for it in "5 killer apps"
Jim Bergen

Post by Jim Bergen »

Hi James,
Your answer in message two above is fine except the link didn't take me anywhere that would let me download "fdplugin.dll". Why all the mystery? I've been using Freshdownload for couple of years and have found it to be a good addition to Firefox and while I try to add the upgrades as they are published I am flummoxed by this one! Can you lead me by the hand and show me where I can download the aforementioned Plugin??? I have wasted almost 2 hours going around in circles trying to find the plugin. I give up!! James B