MozillaZine

A few question on customization

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jgalvez
 
Posts: 5
Joined: November 6th, 2003, 1:07 pm

Post Posted November 18th, 2003, 1:13 am

Hey folks, I hope anybody can shed some light on this.

How do I specify:

1) How Firebird will handle certain file types? Is it recommend to edit the mimeTypes.rdf file on the profile folder?

2) If the data stored on the memory (Control + C) is plain-text or not? The latest build I downloaded seems to be plain-text, which is goo.d I want it to be plain-text. But I remember it was plain-text in 0.6 and became rich-text in 0.7... So, in case it restarts storing rich text data, I'd like to know how to turn it off myself.

3) What text will be used as file name when you open the Save As dialog box. I want to save the pages by their file names, and not html title tag. Is it customizable too?

Any help will be highly appreciated :-)

old Neil Parks
Moderator
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted November 18th, 2003, 11:49 am

jgalvez wrote:3) What text will be used as file name when you open the Save As dialog box. I want to save the pages by their file names, and not html title tag. Is it customizable too?


If you don't like the suggested name, you can write in whatever filename you want.

alanjstr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 4:43 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Post Posted November 18th, 2003, 4:46 pm

jgalvez wrote:1) How Firebird will handle certain file types? Is it recommend to edit the mimeTypes.rdf file on the profile folder?

Things They Left Out (TTLO) creates a More Options menu item that will list that.

jgalvez wrote:3) What text will be used as file name when you open the Save As dialog box. I want to save the pages by their file names, and not html title tag. Is it customizable too?

I believe it is saved by the file name.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files

Guest
Guest
 

Post Posted November 21st, 2003, 10:18 am

Neil Parks wrote:If you don't like the suggested name, you can write in whatever filename you want.


Hehe, I know, Neil. I just wanted to avoid that :-) It seems that most of times it suggests the file name, but I've seen it suggesting the <title> of the page as well... Weird.

Guest
Guest
 

Post Posted November 21st, 2003, 10:19 am

alanjstr wrote:Things They Left Out (TTLO) creates a More Options menu item that will list that.


Thanks! Gonna look for that.

Return to Firefox Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests