Firebird 0.7 and Logitech MX500

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
OttoDestruct

Firebird 0.7 and Logitech MX500

Post by OttoDestruct »

I'm using the latest drivers for my logitech mouse, but in firebird when i click the wheel it doesn't scroll, yet when I roll it it does. Is this an issue with firebird or the MX500.
scragz

Post by scragz »

I’m using an MX700, and it’s initiating the autoscroll correctly. I am using the AiO gestures extension, however; and this might have something to do with it.
John Liebson

Re: Firebird 0.7 and Logitech MX500

Post by John Liebson »

OttoDestruct wrote:I'm using the latest drivers for my logitech mouse, but in firebird when i click the wheel it doesn't scroll, yet when I roll it it does. Is this an issue with firebird or the MX500.

In Mouseware, set button 6 to Autoscroll; that should fix the problem.
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

scragz wrote:I’m using an MX700, and it’s initiating the autoscroll correctly. I am using the AiO gestures extension, however; and this might have something to do with it.

This build does it without any special extensions:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031029 Firebird/0.7+ (daihard; XFT+GTK2; optimized for P4/SSE)

It was actually a bit of a surprise to see it working, without any special mouse extensions for Firebird....
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
Jacob

Re: Firebird 0.7 and Logitech MX500

Post by Jacob »

John Liebson wrote:
OttoDestruct wrote:I'm using the latest drivers for my logitech mouse, but in firebird when i click the wheel it doesn't scroll, yet when I roll it it does. Is this an issue with firebird or the MX500.

In Mouseware, set button 6 to Autoscroll; that should fix the problem.

This should be it. I use the MX700 and it works with the following build:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031015 Firebird/0.7 (aebrahim)
axxessdenied

Post by axxessdenied »

Setting Button 6 to Middle Button in the mouse properties solved all of my problems.
I wasn't able to open a new tab when clicking with the middle button on a link, and it wouldn't auto-scroll. Now it works flawlessly.