Firebird 0.7 PDF plugin problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
credulous

Firebird 0.7 PDF plugin problem

Post by credulous »

I have only recently started using firebird, and have come across a problem with the PDF plugin. Iam running acrobat reader 6, when I open a pdf document with the browser plugin, after you close the browser, cpu usage goes through the roof, with mozilla chewing it up. After you end the mozilla process I get an acrobat dialog box appear saying there is a document open etc. etc.

For now I have disabled the plugin, so acrobat reader launches when I try and open a pdf document.

Anyone else come across this? Is there a fix, or is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve Wilson
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Ozymandias

Re: Firebird 0.7 PDF plugin problem

Post by Ozymandias »

credulous wrote:I have only recently started using firebird, and have come across a problem with the PDF plugin. Iam running acrobat reader 6, when I open a pdf document with the browser plugin, after you close the browser, cpu usage goes through the roof, with mozilla chewing it up. After you end the mozilla process I get an acrobat dialog box appear saying there is a document open etc. etc.

For now I have disabled the plugin, so acrobat reader launches when I try and open a pdf document.

Anyone else come across this? Is there a fix, or is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve Wilson

I use Firebird 0.7 build 20031106 on XP with Adobe 6.0. I experienced the same problem and through trial and error came up with the following resolution. I copied the file "nppdf32.dll" from the Acrobat 6.0/Browser folder to my MozillaFirebird/Plugins folder. I closed then reopened Firebird so that the Acrobat plugin took effect.

Then I set my Mozilla Firebird Tools/Options/Downloads/FileTypes preference to open PDF files with Mozilla Firebird. Everything works fine. PDF files now open and close within the browser without problem.