Help with "Path to Cache Folder"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Guest4419

Help with "Path to Cache Folder"

Post by Guest4419 »

I would like to save Firebird's cache(I'm hoping it's the same as IE's temp internet files) to a folder on my desktop. My user.js looks like this:

// Path to Cache folder:
user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory","C:\\C:\\Documents and Settings\Guest4419\Desktop\Mozilla Cache");

I closed Firebird, opened it, went to a few websites, checked my folder, and there was nothing in it. What is wrong with my line of code? I have also tried

// Path to Cache folder:
user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory","C:\\Documents and Settings\Guest4419\Desktop\Mozilla Cache");

Still nothing.

Thanks
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Try

Code: Select all

user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory","C:\\Documents and Settings\\Guest4419\\Desktop\\Mozilla Cache");
Guest 4419

Post by Guest 4419 »

Persist wrote:Try

user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory","C:\\Documents and Settings\\Guest4419\\Desktop\\Mozilla Cache");

That didn't help :(

I was able to to stop the blinking text by editing my user.js file, but can't seem to get this cache folder to work.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Guest 4419 wrote:
Persist wrote:Try

That didn't help :(

I was able to to stop the blinking text by editing my user.js file, but can't seem to get this cache folder to work.

Is there a similar line in your prefs.js file? If so edit it and try it.
Also, you can check where cache is by opening About|Config, and using the filer box, filter for < browser.cache. > without the < >'s
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
Guest 4419

Post by Guest 4419 »

I also put that in the pref.js file but it still didn't help. I think I'll just stick with a shortcut on my desktop that leads to the default cache folder.