Bookmark toolbar doesn't show the bookmarks(icons)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kauramarjeet@yahoo.com

Bookmark toolbar doesn't show the bookmarks(icons)

Post by kauramarjeet@yahoo.com »

Few days ago my PC did not shut down and power went off. After that I am unable to add the bookmarks in the bookmark toolbar I can only access them thru the sidebar or the menubar but I want to have the shortcuts on the bookmark toolbar. It is now empty despite the fact that I did add new bookmarks.

can anyone help!

Thanks.
dirvish

same thing in Mozilla

Post by dirvish »

The same thing has happened to me on two different machines in Mozilla (1.5 and a previous version). I haven't found a solution.
John Liebson

Re: Bookmark toolbar doesn't show the bookmarks(icons)

Post by John Liebson »

kauramarjeet@yahoo.com wrote:Few days ago my PC did not shut down and power went off. After that I am unable to add the bookmarks in the bookmark toolbar I can only access them thru the sidebar or the menubar but I want to have the shortcuts on the bookmark toolbar. It is now empty despite the fact that I did add new bookmarks.

can anyone help!

Thanks.

I suggest trying a new profile, by starting MozillaFirebird.exe -p, to see if that fixes the problem.

Will it? I honestly don't know; it's just a suggestion to see what transpires.

Ano
dirvish

fixed...in Mozilla anyways

Post by dirvish »

I created a new profile (in Mozilla w/ "Manage Profiles") and it took care of the problem. My old profile is still broken, it must be corrupted. Thanks for the help John.

Post by Guest »

The same thing happened to me but using Firefox. Except I had a zillion bookmarks I'd been collecting for 2 months. I went into the "Mozilla" folders and found the system file with it, (i.e. your profile is still there, the UI for some reason can't find it), and save the bookmarks. Then I reloaded Firefox. Clean fresh no extensions. I began adding the old extension, then two days later as I clicked onthe Firefox icon, it asked me whic user I was. Default or Anna. I realized that when you set up more than one user, the config database gets confused if you don't shut down normally. Anyway somehow it straightened itself out - I chose Default, and everything was back.

Perhaps reload Mozilla, add another user, and that mightforce it to check all the old profiles floating around.