Firefox won't let me bid on Ebay

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Lost User 18475

Firefox won't let me bid on Ebay

Post by Lost User 18475 »

I just started using Firefox v1.5. I have used Mozilla for years. I am having a problem that I can't figure out...firefox won't let me do secure transactions.

For instance, I supposedly have Internet access to my bank account. But Firefox won't let me log into my account. I have an Ebay account which worked the last time I logged on a bid (with Mozilla)...Now, with Firefox, I can log in to my account but I cannot bid. In both instances, I keep getting thrown back to the log in screen.

I have checked cookies...<b><i>allowing</i></b> every conceivable type of cookie from the sites in question. I have checked my passwords and usernames to the point of calling Ebay and confirming the login. all security protocols are checked and certificates are determined automatically.

Now the kicker...I also have the default IE (WindowsXP Pro sp2) on my computer and the latest version of Opera. No similar problems with either.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Or is this a bug?

DW
In the High Desert of Central Oregon
Lost User 18475

If there's no one here that can answer this question or point me in the right direction, maybe someone could tell me this...is there a contact email address for Firefox where I can get some support on this issue? Please...?

thanks

DW
jagged ben

Post by jagged ben »

All I can say is that it's not a problem for me, so it might be a setting. You could try a clean install.
irs009

Post by irs009 »

The only thing I can think of is: Tools>options>advanced>security>make sure all three methods are checked and check do automatically. Jack
Lost User 18475

Jack,

Thanks, but I do have all three protocols enabled and Certificates selected automatically.

Any other ideas?

DW

Post by Guest »

I've got same problem... how did you go DW? Any ideas?

Post by Guest »

Well, no offence to anyone intended but I didn't get much response or help here...perhaps because this isn't a common problem...so I really had no choice--I unistalled Firefox (very sad) and installed Mozilla.

No problems now. (well only one problem but it is minor)

DW
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

jagged ben wrote:All I can say is that it's not a problem for me, so it might be a setting. You could try a clean install.

Why wasn't this suggestion useful? Especially since it seems to work for others... And Mozilla and Firefox are very similar, so like a problem affecting one will affect another.
Lost User 18475

FatJohn,

Pardon me...it was helpful in that it suggested that all the things and settings that I had looked at (and mentioned in my original post) were not the issue and that, in turn, led me to believe that Firefox just wasn't going to work for me.

But more than that...it was helpful in the sense of generousity, if nothing else, and I thank you for taking the time to respond. I apologize for not posting my thanks sooner.

DW

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem I can't log into my bank using FF I get to the prompt put my info in and just it will not do anything when I hit submit. It is at the bbandt.com site.

Post by Guest »

Me too. I cant send Yahoo Mail. It is making me crazy and has wasted a ton of my time. I use IE for my email now.
whitekings

Post by whitekings »

Many secure websites use proprietary IE features, and therefore don't work in Firefox. Sometimes Opera, when cloaked as IE, will work. Try it.
Lost User 18475

In my case Opera cloaked as IE *did* work but so did Mozilla. I am not convinced that the problem was with the website. I think it is with firefox. When I uninstalled FF and installed Mozilla, everything worked...bank, Ebay, etc.

DW
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

Well, if it works on Mozilla, then it will work on Firefox. Simple as that. The problem is with your install.
James

Post by James »

whitekings wrote:Many secure websites use proprietary IE features, and therefore don't work in Firefox. Sometimes Opera, when cloaked as IE, will work. Try it.

Or you could ask them to try the user switcher extension before plugging Opera as usual...