image.animation_mode only applies to gif or jpg as well?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

image.animation_mode only applies to gif or jpg as well?

Post by Guest »

I set 'image.animation_mode' from 'normal' to 'none' in about:config, however animation/moving/changing jpg images are still present, 2 questions:

1)Is setting the 'image.animation_mode' 'normal' to 'none' ONLY applies to gif images?
2)If 1) is YES then animation/moving/changing of jpg images is it due to JavaScript?

Thanks.
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

1.) Yes. See below.
2.) Yes. JPEGs don't support animation, so it would have to be done with JavaScript.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds

Post by Guest »

Thanks sumguy231 for the prompt answers:-)!
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

If you don't want it happening, a very extreme solution is NoScript which only allows JavaScript to run on whitelisted pages.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds