MSN Messenger hotmail url wont work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ChrisD

MSN Messenger hotmail url wont work

Post by ChrisD »

The reason why i went to mozilla is because my explorer is full of toolbars etc. and when I am in msn messenger and i click the link to check my mail it still uses internet explorer and by the time i check my mail, a bunch of popups come up every time, can you please help me to find out how to change the url so the email link opens in mozilla and not my old internet explorer
Wous

Post by Wous »

I don't have an answer but I do have the same problem as you do. And it sucks. I really hope someone knows a solution to this problem!

Greetings
Wilfired

I have the same problem.....

Post by Wilfired »

But for me it's the same with links in Emails of outlook express !!. when does microsoft supremacy will be stoped ????.
Osgood

Post by Osgood »

It may have something to do with the Passport reading the correct information from the shortcut's address.

When I attempt to use the rather lenghty shortcut URL (from my IE browser's links) while in Firebird, I receive either a time-out error, or nothing. But if I use the shortened "http://www.hotmail.com" address typed into the Firebird's locationbar, I am then granted access to my email, thus bypassing the opening log-in (because I have all of the MSN cookies allowed and stored in my computer).