Help All Icons Changed to Firefox LOGO!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Bladeberzerker1

Help All Icons Changed to Firefox LOGO!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by Bladeberzerker1 »

Hey I downloaded Firefox from getfirefox.com don't get me wrong i love firefox but eversince i downloaded it all of my icons changed to the firefox logo HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:
venus_de_mpls

Post by venus_de_mpls »

The html icons will reflect whatever you've chosen as your default browser.
Win XP Pro SP1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4
Thunderbird version 2.0.0.0 (20070326)
Bladeberzerker1

Yea I know that it will reflect my default browser but all of the icons changed even programs. (Like Folder icons, programs, games, word documents, etc.) If you could please resond to this. Thx again

Post by Guest »

If you have TweakUI installed, open that and go to "Repair > Rebuild Icons > Repair Now".

Otherwise:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;132668
http://www.mcse.ms/archive55-2005-5-1639557.html
Bladeberzerker1

Yea I don't have TweakUI Installed should I download that??????? Cuz i def. don't feel like messing around with MS DOS and Win.32 programs and find out that i screwed my computer up :( that would just plain suk hmmm... if some 1 could help plz post post post because i know a lot of people with the same exact problem!!

Post by Guest »

This is obviously a Windows problem because Firefox doesn't change Windows Icon settings. I seriously doubt you know a lot of people that had their icons corrupted by Firefox.

Cuz i def. don't feel like messing around with MS DOS and Win.32 programs

If you would actually try reading the information at the pages given to you, you might be able to fix this. Just waiting around for someone to say the magic word isn't going to help. Ever hear of Google?

One possible solution is to try changing your screen resolution to a lower setting and then back again:
Right Click on the Desktop
Select Properties
Go to the Settings Panel
Set "Screen Resolution" to the lowest value, or higher if its at the lowest setting already.
Click OK

Repeat the above, setting your resolution to the original setting.
Bladeberzerker1

ok so i chaged my screen res. and everything, searched google, and even e-mailed firefox about this problem. I keep getting different solutions and ive tried them all, i think my only way to fix this is to re-install windows XP :(
thx n e ways yall