Yahoo extremely slow to load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

i have no problem at all with these issue , for me except sometimes fire fox crash other than that , it's cool
lyngen

yahoo loads slowly for me too

Post by lyngen »

In IE 7 yahoo mail loads fast and reliably. In Firefox, it seldom ever loads successfully these days.

I guess I have to be thankful I have windows installed - or else I can't read my mail. When can we expect a fix. Oh right - we can't rely on any guarantees b/c this is open src software. We have to thankful it doesn't delete all my personal files and burn my house down.
dj1440

Re: Yahoo extremely slow to load

Post by dj1440 »

about to change home pge....yahoo too slow :(
bob22

Post by bob22 »

I was having exactly the same problem but, I've managed to fix it. I ran a spyware scan antivirus everything you could think of until I went to internet explorer options advanced, then reset and restore advanced settings and voilla. hope it helps.

Post by Guest »

Hi, I had the same trouble with mine. I clicked on Tools at the top of page and
Clicked on Manage Add -ons.
I disabled all of them.
Now loads much faster.....

Post by Guest »

i am having exactly the same prob with yahoo - all other sites work just fine!!!!!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Clear your cache. Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network, Clear Now button.

If you are still having problems delete any cookies that have to do with the site. Tools --> Options --> Privacy, Show Cookies button

If you are not using Windows see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
ahabig

Post by ahabig »

I've just added "*us.bc.yahoo.com*" to my adblock plus filters and this problem has gone away.

Post by Guest »

I've been searching for a fix for this for hours now. I just started using Firefox last week & loved it - until yesterday!

I had Yahoo games freeze, kicking me out, and have not been able to get into any Yahoo site, Live Messenger or Hotmail (but YIM worked fine).
I deleted all cookies, cleared cache, ran 2 AV checks,uninstalled FF's McAfee plug-in, uninstalled McAfee site advisor, updated to IE 7, cleared the checkboxes for FF auto-updates & done several other recommended 'fixes'.
Live messy works now but Hotmail is still very slow & it is hit and miss with any Yahoo site (mostly miss!!) Clicking on any link that is Yahoo-based gives me a blank page.

I'm starting to think that Firefox has some serious issues and I may as well do a system restore to the day beforeI installed it...IE was much slower than FF was when I got it last week but 8 times faster than the current FF.
Is there any solution out there for this that I have somehow missed in the last 6 hours of searching?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Did you try a new profile?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manag ... ew_profile
And are you running Zone Alarm
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
still me

Post by still me »

New profile? no - I did check & I only have the one. I have seen that page several times today and the one thing that sticks out is 'advanced users'. I'm not touching that one!! It cost me $250 to the pc repair shop the last time I tried something that said that. It's only been 3 months since I had this pc completely [whatever the word is for started new when it gets a scary blue screen]

I am sooooo computer illiterate that I should have known better than to think I could make a new browser work; didn't even know what FF WAS until last week :(
I think ZA is anti-virus so, no, I am using McAfee.
I just want someone to tell me if I should just give up..............I only want to be able to read my email & play Yahoo games.

Post by Guest »

searched my pc - nothing comes up for zone alarm
Guest in Santa Fe

Post by Guest in Santa Fe »

Guest wrote:Hi, I had the same trouble with mine. I clicked on Tools at the top of page and
Clicked on Manage Add -ons.
I disabled all of them.
Now loads much faster.....

Thanks, that fixed my similar problem with Yahoo Mail! For the last couple weeks, the first link or two would open, but subsequent emails or pages would not. If I quit and restarted Firefox, I could open another email before it locked up again. Two virus checks found nothing. Following your instructions I disabled the AutoPager add-on and restarted Firefox. Now all Yahoo Mail links open quickly. Yay!
soddit7

Post by soddit7 »

ahabig wrote:I've just added "*us.bc.yahoo.com*" to my adblock plus filters and this problem has gone away.

I did what you suggested and it also solved the problem for me. I think you may have hit on the answer. Thanks.
Jangly Mark

Post by Jangly Mark »

ahabig wrote:I've just added "*us.bc.yahoo.com*" to my adblock plus filters and this problem has gone away.

Brilliant!!! I came on here looking for a solution to the exact same thing - all pages loading super fast, except Yahoo Mail, which was taking up to 8 seconds to load.

Added the filter to my Adblock Plus, and Yahoo Mail now loads in a split second :) Thanks very much :)