problems with proxy settings

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Chazz

problems with proxy settings

Post by Chazz »

ok i have direcway satellite internet and it likes it if you set proxy settings for browsing the internet. the proxy setting it requests is 127.0.0.1 on port 83. when using internet explorer and setting this proxy i never had any problems logging in to places such as ebay or msn or any other site. when settign this proxy in firebird i can not login to any such sites. the page will either continuosly stay on the login page or wont even load the login page. i have tried this in firebird .7 and many of hte nightlies. all with the same result, i currently have 20031203 nightly and stil have this problem i have tried setting hte normal http setting under proxies and the ssl and neither provides reuslts.
however if i disable the proxy i can still get internet and can login to these sites

any suggestions?
thanks, Chazz
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

127.0.0.1 is your own computer.
To make this work, you'd have to be running some sort of server / proxy locally on your computer.
I'm nice
Chazz

direcway settings and 127.0.0.1 proxy

Post by Chazz »

teh sfotware that comes with direcway satellite internet also has a little program it runs called dpcproxy and i have looked over there help files extensivley at one point and they definitly tell you to set it to 127.0.0.1 in IE it checks to be sure that the proxy is set ot this and if it is not it will set it for you.
127.0.0.1 on port 83 is correct i even rechecked the settings in IE to make sure.
PhamDean

Post by PhamDean »

error. ignore pse
Last edited by PhamDean on December 7th, 2003, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
spark

Re: proxy...where?

Post by spark »

PhamDean wrote:D'oh!
I just started a thread saying I don't know where to register a proxy in firebird. You seem to know... please tell me?

Tools -> Options, General tab, click "Connection Settings"
Chazz

Post by Chazz »

well that is nice and yes that is where you get ot proxy settings but does anyone have any info on why i cannot log into sites when i have proxy enabled?
Fahad AlDuraibi

Post by Fahad AlDuraibi »

Have you filled the HTTP Proxy and the SSL Proxy settings? if not then you have to set both to use the same IP and port (127.0.0.1 : 83) since web sites like msn, yahoo ...etc are using Secure HTTP to authenticate.
However in IE, you can use the same HTTP proxy settings for all other protocols which is set by default.

I hope this will solve it :)
Regards,
FAD
Chazz

Post by Chazz »

in IE i did not set use same settings in all protocols and never had a problem (no i did not check that box that says that either) and i have tried setting both ssl and http and only setting http in firebird. neither setting seems to work the page will either attempt to load and come up blank or will just redisplay the previous page without any error messages whatsoever.
thanks for submitting though,
Chazz