Problems with Firefox on USAToday site

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

I am having a problem accessing Craigslist.org. Browser shows looking up, and then displays done, but does not change the webpage. Any ideas?
old Ol Grumpy

Post by old Ol Grumpy »

You should have started a new link for Craigslist .org
No problem opening the page, it's fine
http://www.craigslist.org/
If you type craigslist into Search's text block, I used the google setting, you get a whole list of various craigslists. Or just use the main page link

The USAToday site is working splendidly with no Java script errors.
kadirpelin

Post by kadirpelin »

Cicatriz_ESP wrote:hmm my page just dosent load anything, it dosent even show an error message, it dosent load ANYTHING, at the bottom it just says,

looking up www .whatever .com. . .

but it dosent load anything
Hello There
The page was opened before but now it's says (Object reference not set to an instance of an object) anybody have any idea please.
it's open by another engine. but not from firefox. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Roger77 wrote:If bypassing the cache works, then:
Enter about:config in the Location bar. In the Filter box, enter: cache
Right-click the browser.cache.check_doc_frequency line and modify to 1.
Thu253

Post by Thu253 »

Yeah...i'm having the same problem too. I can't log in to check my yahoo mail, and also myface book account. Other sites seem doing fine. I could't figure out how to fix it. the trick with <shift> key doesn't work for me. Any other sugguestion?

Post by Guest »

Thu253 wrote:Yeah...i'm having the same problem too. I can't log in to check my yahoo mail, and also myface book account. Other sites seem doing fine. I could't figure out how to fix it. the trick with <shift> key doesn't work for me. Any other sugguestion?

I'm in the exact same situation, and I've tried everything suggested.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

OK, there are enough of you gathered. There are various possibilities. I would look fire at Internet "security" suites (sometimes sold as "firewalls". There's been a lot of trouble with these lately. They try to censor what comes into your computer, but they can easily get it all wrong and block needed cookies, etc.
Tameagle

Feeling lost

Post by Tameagle »

Hi everyone,

I do a proof reading job through Firefox. Since friday I cannot connect to ANY website through firefox. I spent 8 hours, deleting every single file (loosing all my bookmarks) and downloaded the latest version, I did this three times, and still, it will not connect. I have my firewall turned off...I have tried EVERYTHING, but still no working firefox for me.

What can I do??
I have lost three days of work now.

Thanks for any advice
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Tameagle wrote:I spent 8 hours, deleting every single file (loosing all my bookmarks)

Yes, when you delete things, they disappear.

You may not have your firewall turned off (see 12 ways to get fooled by firewalls).

But your post has nothing to do with this thread, which is about not being able to open one particular site. If you work COMPLETELY through this article http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website and still have problems, please start a new subject. Don't spin your wheels, though. If you get stuck, ask, <i>in a new thread.</i>
el_bowman

Can't open sub levels of yahoo.com

Post by el_bowman »

I'm having a similar problem, since upgrading to the most recent version of FF, 2.0.0.3. All my pages are working fine in IE7.

I have a home page at my.yahoo.com. It times out and refuses to open.

I can, however, go to www.yahoo.com. That works fine. If I click on any link there, going to a sub-level of that site, like my.yahoo, or login.yahoo, or mail.yahoo, or any other sub-level it fails.

I've run through all the suggested help methods, including Shift-Refresh, clearing cache, clearing history, changing profiles, switching various things off in about:config.

Where can I go to get the previous version of FF back?

Elbowman
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

You're saying that you can only open one Web page, and that's www.yahoo.com? Weird. Let us know.

If that's really what's happening, then we can run a few tests to find out what's happening. I can guarantee it isn't Firefox doing that. There's something about your setup.
tommillerjones

Failure to load web pages

Post by tommillerjones »

Since upgrading to Firefox 2.0.0.0.4 some sites (eg americanexpress.co.uk/fastrade.co.uk) won't go beyond the home page - I can't log in. With Safari and IE all seems OK. I hope you can remedy this as in most respects Firefox is superior. (I'm running MacOS 10.4)
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Some possible reasons for restricted service like you all are seeing:

1. Banned from site or terminated account.

2. The "hosts" file can redirect any Web site. See Wikipedia for a good article on this. (This would affect all browsers.)

3. Extensions. Some Internet services such as Yahoo have their own extensions for the purpose of making their site work better. Sometimes there are serious problems with these extensions. Starting Firefox in Firefox safe mode (see my signature) will deactivate all extensions for testing.
Lexlewthor

Re: Problems with Firefox on USAToday site

Post by Lexlewthor »

I have a problem where mozilla is running all sites except for a select few, like MYSPACE.com
Every time i try to load myspace it comes up with ''problem loading page'' and ''The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.''

I have read all these instructions in ways to help the matter but NOTHING is working.

Reboot,reinstall,clear cache, turn off firewall, everything.

PLEASE HELP!?
LIMPET235

Re: Problems with Firefox on USAToday site

Post by LIMPET235 »

Would you please start a new thread & leave these oldies to R.I.P.
Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)