grr quick time

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Kila_Bite

grr quick time

Post by Kila_Bite »

Unfortunately I am on AOL, therefore they insist that quick time be used. I have recently installed it but now Quick Time has taken over all of my web media, for instance when I click in mp3 to download, it opens in quick time rather than coming up with the download box and when I open a video on the web, instead of opening it in win media which is the obvious (and lets face it) better media player it opens it in quick time.

I absutely hate Quick Time as it is, I don't want my web media opening in this application but it did it without asking me.

My applications locally all open in Windows Media Player, its jsut the internet thats the problem so I wonder if there is any setting in firefox that Quick Time has changed without my permission.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Quicktime hasn't changed anything. Its just that when Firefox has a plugin for a specific file type, it will open links to those file types with the plugin instead of triggering a download.

Now Quicktime is installed you have media plugin that lists mp3's, so Firefox will open mp3 links with the plugin instead of downloading them.

You can change those settings, instructions are here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Changing_medi ... _behaviour
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0