Shockwave Flash error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Help me!

Post by Help me! »

Ok I play this game called www.habbohotel.com an i go to were it SAYS ENTER HOTEL AND A CLIENT POPS UP BUT SHOWS NOTHING BUT A SYMBOL i tried downloding hsock wave 8 but it shows that same symbol

Post by Guest »

if u got msn add me its ** e-mail address removed by moderator **
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Which symbol do you get?
See:Macromedia Flash (Knowledge Base)

We don't answer questions by email and you may want to ask a moderator to edit your post and remove your email address as these forums are visited by spambots and you could end up with a lot of spam.

Post by Guest »

a green one insead of the x

Post by Guest »

a green one
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You don't get the loading bar (what you normally get while flash is loading)?

Does Flash work on other sites?
Like the Macromedia Test Page?

Post by Guest »

tech support hot line
Help me!

Post by Help me! »

flash is perfect if you go to www.habbohotel.com and click enter hotel you will see a shockwave loader bar pop up well mine dosen't show instead it shows a green symbol in the far top left corner and when i go to download shockwave player 8 it shows the same symbol and I waited ofr lik a hour waiting for it to instlal and all i saw was the symbol do you guys got hotmail so i can add you
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

To be sure: you don't get that symbol from a popup or flash blocker?

Post by Guest »

i onlt got yahoo but it is enabled pop ups so thats not it umm do u got hotmail so i can give u the screen shot of it
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can upload the screenshot to http://www.imageshack.us/ (use a .jpg or .png file)

See: BBCode : [img](image.png)[/img]
Alice

Post by Alice »

Getting back to the original issue:

This bugzilla report recommended trying Flash 9 beta for the "Illegal operation in plugin" error:
Bug 328474 - Plugin performed an illegal operation (Shockwave Flash)

Flash 9 is now officially released:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Alice Wyman

Post by Guest »

dickvl

Post by dickvl »

I guess that you have some flash blocker installed that blocks that flash movie. I don't use a flash blocker and I don't know which one you have.
You can use -safe-mode to test if it is caused by an extension.
If it works in -safe-mode then disable extensions (Tools > Extensions: right-click and disable) until you find which one is causing it (if you can't find it by the name).
You have to close and restart Fx after every change.

If you still have it in safe-mode then check your firewall and other online content checkers (if you have them).
freshfitz

shockwave flash error

Post by freshfitz »

goto start button -> run type in msinfo32 goto software environment startup programs. If you have a file at the end of the list that starts with dm you have to figure out how to clean this file out this is a worm that is causing the flash error. i had to reboot several times to get it to actually show up in my hklm/soft/microsoft/windows/run tab