Shockwave Flash error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gialloporpora

Post by gialloporpora »

I know the sysinternal product, there are also other free Rootkit scanner like Avg and Sophos, but the tool that I have linked above is for check and remove the Gromozon Rootkit that have caused the problem with Flash to many users. It doesn't detect other rootkit it is specific for this problem.
Many people after removing the rootkit have solved the problem with Flash 9.0 successfully
I don't really know like it work because I have never had this problem, I have posted it only because I hope this can help somebody.
Knightshayde

Post by Knightshayde »

omg, looks like im back. well now the problem is that whenever i enter a new loaded page i.e. Mainpage(Yahoo.com) and to Myspace.com it always shows the message. can anyone help me? the problem was solved b4, but now its back :(

heres the screen -> http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9775 ... ashap4.png
Alice

Post by Alice »

The screen doesn't say anything other than "firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". What was the data in the error report?
Knightshayde

Post by Knightshayde »

mmm
k, well i have the error report, but how would one post it onto the internet?
Alice

Post by Alice »

Details about the error might help track down the source. For example, when I check WinXP Event Viewer for application errors, the error properties show something like,
Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.22304, faulting module xpcom_core.dll, version 1.8.20060.22304, fault address 0x0000163f
I could then do a bugzilla search to see what I can find out about that type of arror.

If you sent a Talkback report you could view that in the Quality Feedback Agent by running C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\talkback@mozilla.org\components\talkback.exe and post the Talkback incident ID. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Quality_Feedback_Agent for details.
Alice Wyman
Knightshayde

Post by Knightshayde »

mmm, if i can get an error i'll try it..it seems to be hating on me now :| but the stupid flash errors are appearing, can i get some help with that?

Post by Guest »

i have the same error with shockwave flash performing illegal operation..
i have submitted talkback report, with the id: TB24427171M
the same problem appears with the 1.5.0.6 version

Post by Guest »

yea lol..thats the one i think...the errors haven't shown up much atm though..but the flash error comes up and about..damn technology, when will it ever become perfect :|

Post by Guest »

yea lol..thats the one i think...the errors haven't shown up much atm though..but the flash error comes up and about..damn technology, when will it ever become perfect :|
TheGlow

virus

Post by TheGlow »

This started after the wife caught a virus on myspace.
superantispyware, avg antispy, search n destroy, spysweeper, symantec etc all found stuff.
Check the next day, stuff still there.
Still crashing on 8 or higher. but needed 9 for some sites.
Tried that blacklight rootkit revealer, and no problems since..
I suggest you try that one.
pcmaniac

Post by pcmaniac »

can't anyone fix this problem? i couldn't find a solution yet..
Douten

Post by Douten »

So I've got this problem with flash causing my Firefox to crash too. I've tried the rootkit remover tools, and it's doing nothing. I've look at the knowledge database with it, and the third solution stop the crashes. But I'm not satisfied as to why it crashes. Since the flash 9 works perfectly fine with IE what seems to be the problem it has with Firefox? and the reason is because I'm stumbling on sites that requires Flash 9+ and it won't run. Also not only does the flash crash with Firefox, if I run Line Rider it'll also crash too, after awhile. What gets to me is certain site with flash doesn't crash, yet sites like youtube does. Is there a real explanation for this? because I don't really any thing other than system requirement in Adobe site for flash 9 and my system meets those requirements. I'm pretty sure Flash 9 works for a good time before these illegal operation pops up(it start poping up when I was using 1.5 firefox).

The description of the crash:
AppName: firefox.exe AppVer: 1.8.20061.1023 ModName: npswf32.dll
ModVer: 9.0.16.0 Offset: 00076676

Please help. Sorry if the post looks like a rant, but it's not. Everything else in firefox is swell! now only if this is fixed it'll be great. If you need any more information about my problem please tell me. I'm sure there's a solution where it doesn't involve downgrading the flash version.

Thanks for your time.
Old BushVenom

Post by Old BushVenom »

Douten,

(1) Provide a link to a web site where Flash does NOT crash Firefox.

(2) Click the following link to see if Flash AND Shockwave Players are installed correctly:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

If you have problems with Flash: did you already try the sugestions in the KB Flash article? Adobe Flash (KB)
Douten

Post by Douten »

>> bushvenom

1.) http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml the top banner is flash. I'm not sure how flash works too well, whether because the banner doesn't have complex coding or something like that, that it doesn't crash Firefox.

2.) I cheked the link and it seems that I don't have Shockwave installed correctly. I proceeded to installing it and restarting the computer, then tried youtube and it crash Firefox, though taking a little longer than usual(around 3 minutes more I'd say).

>>dickvl

I did try the KB Flash article. The third option of downgrading to flash 7 does stop the program from crashing when I enter site containing flash, like youtube. However the illegal operation message still pops up when I go to myspace, though it doesn't crash firefox. Also another reason I want to see if there's another solution is that a few site I've been to require a higher version of flash to work.

Thanks for your help and time guys :)