Lost Firebird, WinXP

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
thosj1

Lost Firebird, WinXP

Post by thosj1 »

I have been using Firebird .7 for a week or so. Last night decided to try a nightly after reading about the download manager. Installed it. I think it went in a different place than my original install because I had a C:/Program Files/mozilla.org/firebird and a C:/Program Files/mozilla firebird folder. Now Firebird appears to start, but isn't there. HD thrashes, nothing. I try to uninstall and it won't uninstall completely, so I assume (?) it's running, but Task Manager doesn't show it running. Have to restart to uninstall.

I tried uninstalling, deleting directories, removing all refs to mozilla and firebird from registry, reinstalling. Nothing?

What did I do here? I really like Firebird, but now I can't use it.

Sorry for the newbie question, but I can't figure it out!!
frease

Post by frease »

Try a new profile. Start FB using the RUN command (with all instances closed):
"c:\firebird\mozillafirebird.exe" -p

Your profile folder is located at:

On Windows XP/2000, the path is usually %AppData%\Phoenix\Profiles\default\xxxxxxxx.slt\, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\

Copy over the relevant files to the new profile. e.g. bookmarks.html or anything you wish to keep.

Post by Guest »

OK, I'll try that when I get home tonight!!

I was reading around and began thinking it was something with profiles.

I'll uninstall everything I can find, figure out how/where the profiles are and back them up, install new and give it a go.

Thanks