time-out

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Hill

time-out

Post by Hill »

My browser times out after about 20 seconds of trying to go to a new site. I want it to try longer; this is very frustrating. How do I change it?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=39802

You could have found this yourself, most likely, by using the MozillaZine search engine/
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

people who post here are not expected to know how to search.
that's why this forum is here.
I'm nice
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

... and they'll never learn how if nobody suggests it. John found and provided a reference and also suggested how the poster can find things for him/herself. Seems like the ideal response to me.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Hill

Post by Hill »

Dacovale: I really don't need the condescension. This is my first time using Mozilla, and I did a search of the mozilla site first, then read through the support site. But as I keep timing out on various sites, it took a very long time. I have a 4 month old that does not allow me to sit here as long as I need to. So I posted a quick note. Do try to be a little more understanding of circumstances of which you know nothing. Skaffa dig ett liv utanför datorn kanske, i så fall?
Thanks to the others who posted.
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

ok I'll back down.

Ta't lugnt va, jag försökte bara va hygglig
I'm nice
Hill

Post by Hill »

Tack. Just frustrated here with new programs that I really don't have the time to figure out. Not a programmer but I usually do know my way around.