Problem with firebird?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
michael@proparms.com

Problem with firebird?

Post by michael@proparms.com »

I have an account at wallstretsports.com. I have the latest version of firebird installed and all the plugins aswell. Whe I log in as a user on the mentioned site and click on 'trading screen' I do not see some information that I would in explorer. It is a table that is updated every few seconds with the contracts you have. Any idea why this is? I checked security settings and allowed popups on the site and still no luck. You would probably have to open an account and try yourself to understand exactly what I am talking about. Mozilla Firebird is by far the best browser I have used EVER. The features continue to amaze me daily and it has greatly improved my productivity. THANK YOU!!! michael@proparms.com
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Have you the Java Runtime Environment installed?

If you right click the area where the "trading screen" is supposed to be, do you get any kind of info or does no menu pop up?
michael@proparms.com

I typed about:plugins and i have about 7 different java plugins, all different file names but same version. I tried left clicking on the area the table was supposed to be in and no menu pops up. Thanks for your help, any more ideas?
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Maybe the shockwave plugin will help:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

Let us know whether or not Shockwave installs correctly.

(right click the place holder for the trading screen to see if a menu pops up.)
dewaun

Post by dewaun »

by the way... I've posted this in a few other threads... all the tips and tricks on installing the SHOCKWAVE Player Plugin for Firebird running on Mac OS X do not work.

The welcome page @ macromedia still shows the broken Shockwave Plugin. Flash, however is just fine.

](*,)
Hmmm....
DEWAUN SIMMONS

Current Firefox Build: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050904 Firefox/1.0+
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

dewaun wrote:by the way... I've posted this in a few other threads... all the tips and tricks on installing the SHOCKWAVE Player Plugin for Firebird running on Mac OS X do not work.

The welcome page @ macromedia still shows the broken Shockwave Plugin. Flash, however is just fine.

](*,)
Hmmm....

I wish I had a Mac to test on, but being rather non-affluent I don't.

I wish I could be of help.
dewaun

Mac OS X / Firebird / Flash & Shockwave

Post by dewaun »

Affluent? I wish I could afford a new mac. I could do five to ten times more in the same time.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I've had my PowerMacintosh G3/266mhz for 6 years this Christmas! Best $2,500.00 i ever spent! I use (daily) Quark 5, Illustrator 10, Photoshop 7, Dreamweaver MX, Mozila Firebird and Camino, Apple's Safari browser, Flash MX, GoLive 6, iTunes, iPhoto, Freehand MX and they all run well on OS X Jaguar with 288MB Ram and a 4GIG Harddrive with 2MB Vram (STOCK).
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I invested in the long-term with my Macintosh and it's only just now starting to realize the end of it's road.

:!: BTW, you could by a brand new eMac G4 for the price of a Top end Celeron-based PC ($800 - $1100).

(sorry to turn this into a Apple sermon)
DEWAUN SIMMONS

Current Firefox Build: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050904 Firefox/1.0+

Post by Guest »

Installed the shockwave plugin and went to wallstreetsports.com and still could not see my stocks. The plugin installed perfectly though. I dont know what else i could be missing??
michael@proparms.com

that last message was from me