Shockwave Plugin error???

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

i have the same problem, what do i do?

Post by Guest »

I mean, I've unistalled and reinstalled firefox, reinstalled all versions of flash and shockwave, and i still keep getting the same damn message. This happens on all sites with flash. For example, anytime i go to Youtube, the video plays for about 10 seconds then my browser freezes and the message pops up. I think its a virus but i dont know how to get rid of it. I ran hijack this but i dont know what im looking for and i dont want to delete anything important. I dont know what to do this is driving me crazy! HELP PLEASE!
Alice

Post by Alice »

Did you try Flash 7? That seems to fix the problem for many people. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Illegal ... In_Plug-In
and this.

Post by Guest »

thank you! works fine now. much appreciated.
Alice

Post by Alice »

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back.

Updating video driver solved this for me

Post by Guest »

Following instructions posted on another thread and also from Adobe, they recommended updating the video driver. That has eliminated this problem for me. Here's what I did:
1. Right click desktop, choose properties.
2. Select Settings
3. Select Advanced
4. Select Adapter
At this point, you can identify your video card, and either go to their website to look for an updated driver, or in my case I had further options

5. Select Properties
6. Select Update Driver

Once it updated and restarted, no more problems with FF strongly suggesting I restart, and no more crashes a few moments later.

I was working with Windows XP and a Nvidia GeForce 2 MX
Alter des Hasses

Do you use Adblock?

Post by Alter des Hasses »

Although downgrading to Flash 7 does seem to work, you lose a lot of the functionality of the newer versions. Up until recently I had been getting the error message possibly up to 10 times per page with Flash content. I was using the Adblock add-on to clear up some page room on ad-sponsered pages and realized that Adblock tries to block a lot of Flash content. I uninstalled Adblock and it seemed to lessen the number of times I got the message. I have not tried updating my video driver, although if it the problem becomes bothersome again, I might try that.
youngyoshi

Post by youngyoshi »

Im having this problem now.... cant seem to fix it worth nothing
Old Limpet235

Post by Old Limpet235 »

youngyoshi, Stay with your own thread. Cross posting is not allowed.
Answered here >
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=531630
Paulo Assis

Shockwave Plugin Error

Post by Paulo Assis »

Hey guys, try to uninstall flash player 9 and install version 8 instead. Worked perfectly for me.
Ianblu

ffox flash

Post by Ianblu »

I have a work around that stops ffox and my PC from crashing :)

I’ve been struggling with this flash/ffox problem ages too, not all sites with flash bring up the error message though.

I now have latest adobe flash (9.0.115) and ffox (2.0.0.12) but still get the problem (not tried flash 7). I suspected a memory or hard disk problem but extensive memory and HD tests and have found nothing.
I have recently discovered that ffox was hogging the CPU and taking up large amounts of memory. I did a google for this problem and came across this site
http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/2006/ ... u-bug.html

This guy says that adobe flash leaks memory etc. so I took his advice and installed the ffox flashblock extension

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

Now my CPU is no longer hogged by ffox and it doesn’t crash my PC.

Ian
Saberwolf10

still having problems

Post by Saberwolf10 »

hey guys i've been having problems with this for a few days and i've tried every procedure to fix it and none of them worked

cleaned the registry
uninstall FireFox(2.0.0.12) and Flash Player (version 9)
updated my drivers for my video card

and nothing will get rid of this thing and its really annoying me!! if theres anyone out there that can solve this problem PLEASE let me know!

Thanks alot =)
quickmk

Re: Shockwave Plugin error???

Post by quickmk »

All I did was uninstalled Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave. Then when I went online and Mozilla said I needed flash watch videos and directed me to the download. I did (make sure Mozilla is fully closed when installing) then everything worked good from there. Boom! [-(