Shaking in Firebird 0.7

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
stardust05

Shaking in Firebird 0.7

Post by stardust05 »

I don't know if this is common at all, or if it's a problem with my computer, but could someone please help??

I just updated to Mozilla Firebird 0.7. (Yeah, I know, I'm slow.) Ever since, the entire browser window will not stop shaking. I mean, it moves up and down, just slightly, not steady, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. It's maximized and everything, but everything below the menubar seems to "vibrate" up and down. It's very irritating and it's hard to read things. It mostly happens when I open a new window, whether it be a total new window or a new tab, or I follow a link, or I minimize the window, it happens. I can't make it stop, I've tried re-unzipping, etc. It just don't work. Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated!!!
Last edited by stardust05 on December 11th, 2003, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rach
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Are you using the default theme or something else?

This is a known issue with certain themes, I think. I have no problem with the Smoke theme. Haven't installed many others since upgrading to Firebird 0.7; never experienced the shaking.
stardust05

Post by stardust05 »

I'm on default.

I have WindowBlinds to modify my Windows theme, would this make a difference?
~Rach
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

stardust05 wrote:I have WindowBlinds to modify my Windows theme, would this make a difference?

Probably so, can you exclude Firebird from Windowblinds somehow (never used it)?
Last edited by LeRoi on December 11th, 2003, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stardust05

Post by stardust05 »

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much. You're a genius.

Anyone using WindowBlinds, exclude Mozilla Firebird from skins.
~Rach
stardust05

Post by stardust05 »

I'm guessing that WindowBlinds and Firebird's skin capabilities were conflicting and fighting with each other.

What a pain.
~Rach
scratch

Post by scratch »

i use WB with Firebird and have no problems whatsoever. FB utilizes WB's skin features so I get a browser that matches the rest of my system.
stardust05

Post by stardust05 »

That's strange. Do you use 0.7? I had no problems with 0.6.2. I've had no problems since excluding Firebird.
~Rach
scratch

Post by scratch »

i use 0.7 and have had no compatibility problems ever.
stardust05

Post by stardust05 »

Ha, only I could have trouble with this.

Maybe it's a certain theme? I used BlackComb.
~Rach
scratch

Post by scratch »

it might be a combination of your WB theme and your FB theme conflicting with each other. try with other WB themes and other FB themes and see if it works. If it does, the problem is officially with the FB theme. Are you using the default?
stardust05

Post by stardust05 »

eh, I'll just disable window blinds. it slows my computer down, anyway. :) thanks for all your help!
~Rach
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Or try the free patch uxtheme or Style XP.
scratch

Post by scratch »

those slow things down more than windowblinds, and also have this issue with certain themes.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

scratch wrote:those slow things down more than windowblinds, and also have this issue with certain themes.

StyleXP does not have as much problems (not according to our test). Eventhough we have not tested each and every theme.
When it comes to speed - we have found that none of the software will actually slow things down. The switch of themes however can take various amounts of time depending on software and theme.

We have tested several of the theme/graphical interface changers - Aston, Taliman, StyleXp, Windows Blinds and LiteStep- for a design project and it all boils down to your own personal taste. The test was made with StyleXP 1.01p - not the beta of 2.0.