freezes when trying to clear download manager history

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
john5475

freezes when trying to clear download manager history

Post by john5475 »

If you go to tools>>options>>privacy there's a bunch of things like history, cookies, cache and other things that you can manually clear. I usually just hit the clear all button and then confirm the action to clear everything. For the last 2 days I haven't been able to do that. For some reason the download manager history setting won't clear whether I try to clear just that one setting or clear it along with everything else. Everytime I try, it just freezes the program and I have to ctrl-alt-del to shut it down.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and any possible fixes? I'm using Win98SE, 384 megs ram, and PIII@1gig.
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Go into your profile's folder and delete downloads.rdf, also xul.mfl, do this with Firebird closed.

The default location for your profile(s) is C:\Windows\Application Data\Phoenix\profiles\[profile name]\xxxxxxxx.slt\
Last edited by LeRoi on December 16th, 2003, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scratch

Post by scratch »

just so you know, it would have eventually unfrozen and you would have had an empty download manager history. for some reason it takes a really really long time to clear it out.
john5475

Post by john5475 »

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try them out and let you know how things work out.
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

I edited my post above to correct the path, left out the [profile name] portion.
john5475

Post by john5475 »

Just wanted to follow up and say that I found the files you were talking about LeRoi but I didn't need to manually delete them. I did what Scratch suggested first and after waiting 20-30 seconds, the download manager history cleared itself ^_^
Thanks again for the help.