manual proxy

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
svs

manual proxy

Post by svs »

Hi, My manual proxy keeps getting automatically configured. I change it back to direct connection to internet, but as soon as I launch it the manual proxy is configured. I know this isn't a firefox problem but wondered if someone could help. I have scanned my pc for viruses, trojans, malaware, browser hijackers all to no avail. The manual proxy is set to he following settings:

127.0.0.1 Port 5405
no proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1, *update.microsoft.com,*windowsupdate.com,download.microsoft.com,codecs.microsoft.com,activex.microsoft.com,liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com,liveupdate.symantec.com,download.mcafee.com,*.phobos.apple.com,update.adobe.com

I am running WinXP SP2
Kerio Firewall
AVG antivirus
Windows Defender
WatchPatrol

Is it possible that my firewall is automatically switching to this proxy? If so how can I find out?

many thanks

Simon
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can look for settings in user.js if changing the settings in Tools > Options > General : Connection Settings doesn't work.
svs

Post by svs »

Many thanks for your reply.

The ChromEdit Extension doesn't work with Firefox 1.5.0.2. However, I have found out it automatically configures IE6 as well.
Is there any way I can find out what programme is making these changes? I am suspecting my firewall (Kerio) as it has a
loopback adaptor set to 127.0.0.1, which is the same as the proxy that is altered. however, there are entried in the no proxy for that are spam sites
and this concerns me.

Simon
irs009

Post by irs009 »

I've seen this posted before, and it was due to something that was listed in 'no proxy for' that
was changing it back. Can't remember exact details but you may find it in a search or perhaps
This will help you. I think what concerns you is your problem.

Jack
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

liviuro2007

Post by liviuro2007 »

Hi all!

I try to develop an app in delphi, to configure the proxy settings.
Where is the proxy IP server saved? In what file, location? In registry isn`t located. I want to modify it from my app!

Thanks,
Liviu
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It's stored in prefs.js or aternatively in user.js
See: about:config
network.proxy.http
network.proxy.http_port
Last edited by dickvl on May 5th, 2006, 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

I have managed to trace what is overriding my proxy. Due to my slow internet connection I use an internet accelerator (onspeed).
This programme automatically overides the proxy setting when it is active.

thank you all for your help

Simon