firebird shuts down

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
talmai

firebird shuts down

Post by talmai »

Sometimes when I'm working with Firebird it suddenly shuts down. The window disappears without an explaination. What can I do to figure out what is making Firebird shutting down and how can I fix this? Do you have any idea?

I'm on Mandrake 9.2, KDE 3.1, Firebird/0.7

please help me
GNU/Ben

Post by GNU/Ben »

If you run it from a console, do you get any error messages when it shuts down? What sites couse this problem?

I am using the same as you, but haven't seen this problem.
"When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'."
-- Linus Torvalds
Gentoo: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041210 Firefox/1.0
talmai

Post by talmai »

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkselection.c: line 597 (gtk_selection_convert): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.
GNU/Ben

Post by GNU/Ben »

Very odd. I have seen that error before, but it Firebird didn't crash on it. Perhaps you got a corrupted download. Try removing the FB directory, and redownloading the tarball.
"When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'."
-- Linus Torvalds
Gentoo: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041210 Firefox/1.0
talmai

Post by talmai »

I removed the FB and installed it again but that doesn't solve the problem. :///
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Is this Firebird 0.7 or a recent nightly? Could you click Help> About:MozillaFirebird and then copy and paste the string into a post. Also, what extensions do you have installed and have you installed Java?
talmai

Post by talmai »

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7
I did'nt install Java, but i have installed some extentions (smooth wheel, web developer, browser uptime, paste and go, diggler, cutemenus)
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

In this thread Jannes reports the same error message and is also using the "paste and go" and "diggler" extensions. If I were you I would delete Firebird, re-install and use a clean profile and see if the problem remains. Sorry I can only offer guesses. Good luck

Post by Guest »

I have the same (or a similar problem), also.

I use Fedora Core Linux 1, Gnome, and Mozilla Firebird 0.7. I have these extensions installed: "Tabbrowser Extensions", "Preferential", "Text/Plain", "User Agent Switcher 0.3" and "UA String Widget"

I just installed the UA extensions today, and the problem occured before this. Any ideas?