Why is Firefox so SLOW?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Protocol

Re: Slow, now....

Post by Protocol »

Hitek wrote:On both my desktop, laptop, and my friend's desktop, Firefox has become incredibly slow after an automatic update a few weeks ago. Closing tabs now takes a few seconds, when it was instantaneous before the update. Switching tabs is also noticably slow, when that, too, used to be instantaneous.

I have also noticed that Firefox has become very slow closing and switching between tabs.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Already tried a new profile?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.

Re: slow

Post by Guest »

???who!? wrote:Mine is slow moving, scrolling, typing and everything in the page. it sort of hangs then carries on.

it is so annoying

it isn't slow loading - in fact it is much faster th IE but I may have to go back to it if this doesn't stop!

it is doing it now as I'm typing this message!
it is ever since i downloaded 2.0 when i had 1.0.6 it never happened!
(we never had 1.5)

Dude this is exactly what happened to me also! After some of the last updates, the browsing and everything became increasingly slow, typing into fields takes a while, changin tabs, closing them etc. same thing. When with some older version I never had any problem. At all.

Weird. Thinking about downgrading my Mozilla to 1.0.6. Though the restore session option keeps me from doing that.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you check for multiple sessionstore.js files in the Firefox profile folder?
GWC

Re: Why is Firefox so SLOW?

Post by GWC »

FirefoxOnMyPowerBook said it all! this is without a doubt the slowest browser I as a web design have ever encountered. No cudos to Mozilla this issue has been around since firefox3 came out, and still no fix for this issue, I'm dropping fire fox all together and adding to my #1 ranked website that firefox is not a browser that should be used for designers, or anyone not wanting to wait for info in any website anywhere. I didnt have this problem with fox2 , I dont understand why Mozzilla wont even try to find a fix for this.

PS- my website has over 1 million developers per week on it , word will travel fast. To hell with firefox 3 I'm done!
schapel

Post by schapel »

Firefox 3 seems plenty fast to me. Have you tried the various suggestions offered for fixing your problem?

Posting your own personal experience with Firefox on your website, as if they are problems in Firefox itself, probably isn't wise. Nearly anyone visiting your site using Firefox 3 will think you're spreading FUD. Which, of course, you are.

If you still there's there is a problem with Firefox 3, politely give us the details. Referring to a problem that we don't experience is useless, and cursing at us is counterproductive.
GWC

Post by GWC »

lol, counterproductive? Firefox = counterproductiv. Firefox is a very poorly programed browser, know web developer can deny that. Why should I have to tweek it up to make it work ? ? not going to happen, and I'll give a bad review on my website if i choose, I've hasd nothing but problems with my surfing since I installed this joke for a browser. no pun intended to this forum. but if mozzilla needs a programer to fix this problem then i can refer them to my guy! hes laughs atr this browser, go Opera9 !!
schapel

Post by schapel »

You are free to do whatever you wish. I'm merely pointing out that you can probably easily fix your problems with Firefox, and complaining about Firefox the way you do makes you look foolish. If you enjoy using Opera, than simply use it, and you have no need to post here again.

Re: Why is Firefox so fast?

Post by Guest »

PS- my website has over 1 million developers per week on it , word will travel fast. To hell with firefox 3 I'm done!

What's the address of this site? I bet it doesn't even exist. It's doubtful you know anything about web development.
GWC

Post by GWC »

Um like im going to give you the address on my website mr guest, Its a global wide company. lol shows your lamer hacker! delete me if you like, I just installed opera and it has everything firefox has for web developing. And 100% faster. you guys stay in the dark age , take care.

Post by Guest »

What's the matter? Afraid of showing us this pinnacle of web development?

Like I said, your alleged site doesn't even exist.
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK... This thread is closed.... Take your arguments elsewhere.
If you continue to make it personal here, you WILL get banned.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.